OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2021 Any Interest?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:53 pm 
King of Men

Sorry boys...its been the holidays and I've been a bit busy.

But here we are on week 9 and the results from Week 8.

In the blowout of the week the Indifferent Douchebags are no match for Butch's squad of rolling Leafs. Everything Butch is touching is gold even if it isn't a Leaf. Peronuvich, Robertson, Iafollo..I don't even know who these fuckers are, but they are putting up points! Meanwhile the old farts on the Makers peter out and get dropped. That's 2 losses in a row for the Indifferent ones who drop to .500 and the team of Wonderful Bills keeps chewing up the league in the top spot at 6-2. Mr. Wonderful has plenty of space in the basement for a fine Leafs Print!

The Faithful separated themselves from mediocrity with their second in a row against the Habless. The Faithful had solid contributions from their D and Goalies to go with the consistently stellar scoring from McDavid. The Habless were riding the Hubris of Huberdeau, and a monster week out of Victor Hedman as well as a resurgent Scheifle and a returning MacKinnon. This one was not close in the end though and the Faithful move into 2nd place while Habless is 4th.

The Tookus eeks out a low scoring affair against Hudson's team (less than 10 points). Ironically, the bulk of Hudson's scoring came from 4 players, Barzal, Saros, Eckblad and B. Tckachuk. The Tookus' more balanced approach carried the day for him (led by Hartman, Demko and Reinhart). The Tookus comes abreast at .500 while Hudson's squad stays ahead of the bottom dwelling and missing clown.

The Professor picks up his freebie against the MIA self help guru. The clown had some pretty good scoring unfortunately his team just isn't managed! I could go on about what the Professor did but at this point no one should be losing to the Sofa King. I could have used that Vincent Trocheck.........
The professor moves into 3rd place with that victory at 5-3. The clown remains to give out freebies.

In our final matchup of week 8 No you Relax our savvy vet squared off against our foremost Habitant expert. Hounsy had one of the most solid squad performances of the week with virtually no weak spots. The Paquettes had some folks not scoring which makes me question if he forgot to set some of his lines. Hopefully you aren't checking out EL! The Paquettes who were once in contention have now dropped to 3-5...pull up EL! The savvy vet Hounsy pulls into the even .500 spot. Things are looking up for the Relaxing crew who had a rough start.

Keep it up gents I know its the holiday season and shit gets busy. Happy holidays to you and yours. Stay safe and stay the hell away from edibles!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:17 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Oh shit did I steal Trocheck from you Jay? Sorry, I knew there was a waiver claim or something there, but not sure what.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:39 am 
King of Men

Pokecheque wrote:
Oh shit did I steal Trocheck from you Jay? Sorry, I knew there was a waiver claim or something there, but not sure what.

No man...no worries. I had him for a few weeks and he wasn't doing shit so he went into the bin with Eberle and Seguin.

Definitely a different year with a lot of younger kids making more of an impact and a lot of the older dudes fading away. Plus the goalies differential between good and f'n terrible this year is large. Could be that last couple years of bubble and division hockey not really giving a complete view.

That shit from Zegras to Milano last night was amazing..and they yucked it up on the bench afterwards. I like that!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:16 am 
King of Men

Week 10 its officially a COVID shit show.

In the chaos of week 10 The Indifference makers whose team features mostly Bruins and Flames (all subjected to Vid Protocol) takes it in the shorts against the Habless Habs. The makers are in full on free fall having lost 4 in a row to go from the top to the bottom of the league. He has resorted to picking up people that aren't even signed and in the minors.....not a good sign!!!! :siren: The Habless Habs had a nice goaltending showing this week and most everyone else did their part. The Habless Habs are quietly putting together a nice run at 7-3 and sit comfortably in 3rd place waiting for the Leafs to enter protocol!

Mr. Wonderful and the Buffalo Bills (why Butch?) enjoy a smooth victory over the co-managed Hudsons. The Bills are welcoming scoring from outside the Leafs only zone to carry the day. Can the Bills survive the Covid Holiday storm and remain on top? Glitz and the Habless are lying in wait! A Battle for first place occurs in week 11 between the Professor and Fog from Philly.

The Professor smacks around the old man to secure 2nd place. Remarkably, both of these teams were hardly impacted by the COVID parade. Glitz has a solid contribution up and down his lineup while Conor McDavid and Evan Rodriguez (viva la raza!) carried the mail for the Faithful. The Faithful drop to .500 on the year and the Professor gets his shot against the leader in week 11.

In the blowout of the week, No You Relax drops the hammer on the Tookus. Old man Pavelski rekindled his youth and led the way for Hounsy while the Tookus couldn't rise to the 9 game advantage the Relaxers held. Solid contributors on the Relaxers led to the demise of the Tookus. Hounsy, while struggling early, has put together several wins a row to right the ship and improve his record to 6-4 for 4th place. The Tookus after starting hot has entered the ice age and needs a victory!

In our final matchup of week 10, The Paquettes pull up on the standings nosedive led by Ehlers and ageless Ovech-King. In a reverse move Kyle Connor cost the Paquettes 10 points.....Ouch! :steamingpileofcrap: The clown has been sighted! Perhaps he may activate! We'll see but he has been super busy at work so this might not be the freebie it once was going forward. Our resident mental health expert has a good team so watch out if he gets involved!

Merry Christmas and Boxing Day! Happy New Year and all that shit too! Stay safe and enjoy yourselves! Maybe we will have a new #1 next week! And thanks for staying active!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:08 am 
King of Men

I would be amiss if I did not acknowledge the Professor's toppling of the Wonderful crew over the COVID holidays. Glitz and the Intangibles remains in the top spot for another day! Looks like the Habless ones are lurking!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:47 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
I would be amiss if I did not acknowledge the Professor's toppling of the Wonderful crew over the COVID holidays. Glitz and the Intangibles remains in the top spot for another day! Looks like the Habless ones are lurking!

Thanks. Of course I have no idea what I'm doing. I've made a few cursory moves here and there but mostly it's just trying to keep guys healthy and hitting the "Start Active Players" button at the beginning of the week.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:09 pm 
King of Men

As short lived as your time at the top was, this week you have a chance to reclaim #1 up against the Habless ones.

Don't look now but NO YOU RELAX has made a early season coaching change.....and sits in 2nd looking to overcome a regeared Indifference Maker!

the Bills also have their Freebie this week so almost midway through the season this could be a log jam at the top boys!

To the old man, the tookus, the highschooler, and the blogger keep fighting! Look at where Hounsy was a month ago!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:08 pm 
King of Men

Week 13 – A Close all around week

Hounsy and the Indifferent Makers went head to head in a matchup separated by 4 points. Hounsy was on quite the tear but couldn’t pull out a stellar performance by Fleury for the upset. The Makers rode a reinvigorated Pastrnak and a steady producing Kadri. Hounsy still manages to hold onto 2nd place while the Indifferent Makers continue to climb out of the basement.

After temporarily occupying the top spot the Professor looked to get back into that position with a revenge game against the Habless Habs. Habless come out on top in this one to remain in 1st place and be our first team to 10 wins (Bravo). To add insult to injury the Professor was done in by Nate McKinnon and the quietly awesome Hubris of Huberdeau. The Professor remains in contention for the top spot tied with Hounsy.

Hudson’s team puts up a W against our struggling blogger. Hudson used a monster performance in net from Sarros and Nedeljkovic and an unreal output out of Brad Marchand……Those 3 players accounted for about 160 points…..A solid performance down the line for Paquettes but not enough to overcome Hudson’s standouts. Both teams get closer to .500. Hudson putting up a battle this year....good job as I am sure his world is full enough in highschool!

Soka King Rad…the missing clown drops our one time Midas Buffalo Bills. Usually looked at as a freebie, other managers need to take note of the clown’s lineup. He has some very potent players that are now back (Backstrom, Kucherov). If the clown were actually to be involved he would probably be kicking our collective asses with that lineup. But things being as they are this may not be the future freebie that it once was, consider yourselves warned. Mr. Wonderful’s crew is still riding hard on the Leafs and they produced for him this week. Unfortunately, some of the hotter players for the Bills have cooled off. Our mental health professional picks up his 2nd win of the year and Butch tries to right the ship and stay near the top.

The Tookus takes care of the faithful in an all Canuck Sunday battle. Led by Cale Makar and Sam Reinhart the Tookus triumphed over a lineup that failed to support a good effort in the Faithful’s net. Both teams are looking to find their rhythm and put together a Hounsy run. Only a couple of wins to get back in!

I believe I saw a message that Week 14 was going to extend beyond the All-Star game but I can’t find it currently to verify. Happy New Year folks!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:22 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

harmfuljays wrote:

I believe I saw a message that Week 14 was going to extend beyond the All-Star game but I can’t find it currently to verify. Happy New Year folks!

I think it said week 16 which starts on Jan 31 and will go for 4 weeks.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:45 am 
King of Men

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/why-reg ... 5yIUWTm4-Y

Careful folks! Not even fantasy sports is safe from mental anguish! We need our clown more than ever.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:02 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Next time Hudson plays me will teach him about IR and player adds. As far as I know he does his lineups regularly but have not been hawking over him, but I do see he never taught himself anything past setting his lineup for the week.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:35 pm 
King of Men

Quote:
This past week, the NHL announced the rescheduling of 98 postponed games from earlier this season. Those games will now be played during the previously scheduled February break. With that announcement, changes have been made to the Fantasy Hockey schedule:
• Head-to-head leagues have been updated to use 26 game weeks, instead of 24.
• Previously, Week 16 was scheduled 1/31-2/27. It will now be two weeks, 1/31-2/13, and cover games before and after the February 5th All Star Game.
• Weeks 17 and 18 have been added to February and are both one week long.
• Week 19 will begin on 2/28.
• Rotisserie leagues are not impacted by the schedule change, but the 98 games will count.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:08 am 
King of Men

Week 15....WTF happened? Look Who's leading now!

Lots of shuffling at the top this week folks and we have a new leader of the pack! Hounsy has completed his climb out of the cellar and is now in 1st place! :woop:

Now to the matchups of the week:

Indifference Makers vs Not So Tight Tookus......for some reason the Tookus has my number over the years.....I don't know why it just is what it is. Really this matchup was even.....but the Maker's D didn't show up for the week and that was the 13 point difference. The Tookus gets back on track and the Makers look to brush it off and continue the climb. Both teams are 8-7 and looking to move up! The Indifferent one has made a significant number of moves with his players going on to be the mainstay of other teams! He is lucky to be even in the running and has recently given up on Mange Punani.

Habless Habs Vs Soka King Rad......I told you boys not to sleep on the clown's team. If he was really going for it (or even playing for that matter) he would be owning us. Habless has a dreadful showing out of his overachieving squad and drops down to 3rd. The life coach's team has won 2 out of his past 3. Beware! Habless Habs looks to avoid mirroring the actual Canadiens and needs to flush this one down.

Hudson Vs No You Relax.....a father/son battle here. The circle is not yet complete as Hounsy delivers an old school paddling on his boy (the blowout of the week) to take the top spot in the league. Everyone is contributing for the Relaxers....and he now has a team whose healthy star power is hard to match for the rest of us. He could run away with this going forward.

Glitz and Intangibles Vs the Pick Paquettes...I like watching the professors team because he does a good job of scavenging off the waiver wires...and of course its always semi disheartening to see your rejects excel somewhere else.....The professor has a solid contributing lineup whose only weakness is in net....his solid contribution this week upends the Paquettes whose non-net lineup decided to mail it in. The Paquettes are solid as well but he seems to be going through a Hounsy streak....unfortunately most of his people are healthy. The Professor moves comfortably into 2nd place while our blogger like his real team is still looking for answers.

The Faithful Go Nuts Vs the Eliminated Buffalo Bills. Guys that were once hot for the faithful are now not. The faithful are looking for solutions in Evander Kane and other waiver pickups. With Conor and the Oilers struggling the rest of his team isn't providing enough support. Keep fighting! Mr. Wonderful made a smart move picking up Alex Tuch this week....he immediately paid dividends. The Leafs are also producing evenly....and when that happens Mr. Wonderful is hard to beat. Shesterkin has been quite the gem this year.

Week 16 will include the allstar break. We are at the halfway mark of the season folks and for the most part we are all still in contention for the prize!

Thank you for staying involved and keep fighting!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:10 pm 
King of the One-Liner

appears I may be peaking to early. lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:59 pm 

I'm kinda surprised I'm getting wins despite 2 of my 3 goalies being largely bad. At least I don't have effing Grubauer dragging my team down any longer.

I've given up entirely trying to navigate COVID-19 roster issues (and I guess the real-life NHL kinda has as well). Just come what may.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:42 am 
King of Men

Ugh.....tough 2 weeks for the Indifference Makers.....put up great point totals only to be beaten by peaking teams. I am getting the points just not the Ws.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:50 am 
King of Men

Week 20 Recap

Well Gents we've got 2 more weeks to go...and its a 6 team playoff. Thanks to everyone who has stayed involved. But we are down to the wire and there appears to be some elimination matches this week.

So here we go:

The Indifference makers had been looking to rebound after a terrible slide that took them out of playoff contention. Ironically, they still sit in 7th place on the outside looking in while having the most points of any team in the league at the week 21 mark. They either win out the next 2 and get in or forget about it with a loss to the Professor in week 21. In week 20 The Indifferent ones took advantage of A Hudson team that may have left the building already. Lamenting the loss of Mange Punani, the Makers look to some recent pickups to help carry him into playoff position.

The Indifference Makers better start inquiring about this print again as my previous correspondence went unreturned!

The Pick Paquettes rode Clayton Keller and Kyle Connor to victory over a slumping Habless Habs led by the Hubris of Huberdeau. With those recent losses Habless has slid into the bubble spot and will look to hang on to his spot. The Paquettes are still in this with 2 weeks to go!

In a battle at the top Glitz and the Professor hammer Mr. Wonderful and the Bills in our blowout of the week. Tyler Toffoli has been a sweet waiver grab for the professor and he had 2 great D performances out of Josi and Chchyrun. Auston Matthews has been a complete beast this year and put up 60 points. Unfortunately, the rest of the Bills were MIA. Glitz moves into the number 1 seed and will look to terminate the Indifference Makers in week 21. The Bills will continue the jostling at the top against NO YOU RELAX.

The Faithful Go Nuts upsets NO YOU RELAX to vault into 5th place. The Faithful had a strong showing from their goaltender core and the Relaxer team couldn't rally on a monstrous 65 point effort from Matt Duchene. The Faithful get a freebie at just the right time against the clown in week 21 while Hounsy will battle his fellow Leaf lover Mr. Wonderful.

And our last matchup of Week 20 pitted a Not So Tight Tookus against our resident purveyor of man therapy. Watch out for the Tookus! They are making a run at the right time with 4 in a row and they are getting some mad production out of the entire team. Meanwhile the Clown has multiple 60 plus point getters....and as I have said before if he had actually put in the time he would probably be leading the league. The team is that good. But we're giving the clown a pass as mental health comes before fantasy hockey! The Tookus will look to eliminate the Paquettes in week 21.

Thanks all to playing. We are down to the final 2 weeks (21 and 22) before the 6 team playoffs start. Stay Vigilant!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:04 pm 
Big in Japan

Been riding Keller and Connor the whole second half lol. Only good parts of my team.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:05 pm 
King of Men

E.L. wrote:
Been riding Keller and Connor the whole second half lol. Only good parts of my team.

We are on the block this week sir! I will have to beat #1 and then #2 to get in....so we'll see. You have to beat Fogg this week and then you'll have Hudson's team in week 22.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:10 pm 
Big in Japan

harmfuljays wrote:
E.L. wrote:

We are on the block this week sir! I will have to beat #1 and then #2 to get in....so we'll see. You have to beat Fogg this week and then you'll have Hudson's team in week 22.

I remembered to set my lineup, so at least I won't lose because of my own inaction. Not sure if I should dump Landeskog and Voracek, how bad are their injuries?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next