OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:50 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

1-1 after 2. Cizikas with a nice goal on a perfect backhand pass by Pulock.
Isles thought they had it 2-0 a minute later, celebrating while there was no goal call. About 3/4 of the puck crossed the line. :roll:
Then the aisles got a PP and it looked… okay. Til Barzal made a lazy pass to the point that was stolen and the Canes scored a SH goal. So their PP is -1 for 4 in the series. Brilliant.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:04 pm 

5-1 win. Crazy shot. They scored 4 in 2:18. Palmieri got a PP goal with 1 SS on on the PP. great deflection.
Pageau fully knocked a Cane into the Isles’ bench. Fucking great shit! Dude got up and punched Nelson, who I’m sure said something like “wrong bench dumbass”.
Scuffle at the end of the game. Sunday should be fun.

Great first game for UBS, other than the SH goal allowed.

Still alive! :viking:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:21 am 
Vegemite Enthusiast

Chris18 wrote:
5-1 win. Crazy shot. They scored 4 in 2:18. Palmieri got a PP goal with 1 SS on on the PP. great deflection.
Pageau fully knocked a Cane into the Isles’ bench. Fucking great shit! Dude got up and punched Nelson, who I’m sure said something like “wrong bench dumbass”.

was a great hit, was wondering what happened to the dudes stick and if that's why he threw the punch.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:30 pm 

CanuckinOz wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

was a great hit, was wondering what happened to the dudes stick and if that's why he threw the punch.

After rewatching I think Nelson stepped on the stick. When Necas gets up it looks like the stick stays/gets caught, and then when Necas pulls it up it's broken, he punches Nelson and then he leaves the stick and goes home to the Canes' bench. Nelson is such a dick. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:02 pm 

Sunday matinee game! :viking:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:59 pm 

Welp, I predicted Isles in 7, and that's what it will have to be if they win the series. They started off hitting every Cane at every opportunity, but a questionable goalie interference call against Parise (he was in early but then got pushed into Raanta), followed shortly by Pulock boarding a turning Drury (who left the game and I hope he's okay) led to a 5 on 3 and the Canes converted with Mayfield trying to play 2nd goalie instead of just covering the guy in front of the net. Easy to say from my couch... That just seemed to take the wind out of the Isles' sails and the crowd seemed to be trying, but not getting going after that. A few PPs wasted trying to be too fancy and still trying the stupid slingshot with 8 guys blocking the zone entry, then they dump it in anyway. If you're just going to dump the fucking thing, don't do the slingshot; just go in full speed and crush the D-man in the corner.
Horvat finally scored. Yay. Shorty in garbage time. Made it 5-2.

Two jobs you don't need good results to keep- meteorologist and Isles' PP coach.

Game 5 in Raleigh on Tuesday.

:chairshot:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:14 pm 

I'm in a hotel at for a conference. Watching Game 5 on my laptop. I scared the living shit out of the guy in the room next to me (who's part of the same conference as me) when Engvall scored. Whoooooops. :laugh: He dropped something and made noises that made me envision him clutching his chest... He's not THAT old. Either way, Sorry dude.

Isles showing some fight. Up 3-1 after 2 periods. Canes thought they'd tied it at 1 when Mayfield kinda forgot to play D on the PK and left a Cane WFO in front, who buried it. Isles immediately challenged (nice job video crew!). Yep. The puck got by Burns at the point so the play had been offside. It was like a 10 second review.
Then a point shot nailed the Canes' Aho in the mouth and before either Aho or the puck hit the ice, Nelson bunted it in for a 2-0 lead. Canes scored on a nice deflection to make it 2-1. Then Barzal went in 2-1 and just rifled it.

Let's go Isles! :viking:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:00 pm 

Isles pull off a sphincter clincher of a 3-2 win. Canes pulled Raanta with like 2:30 to go and had quite a few chances. Sorokin was great.

Game 6 on Friday at UBS. Should be crazy. Hopefully they keep their heads and play like this again.

I forgot before- Isles had a PP and 20 seconds in Dobson tripped a Cane who was skating backwards, and had a bit of a smirk when he was called. You'd think Isles fans would be furious with him for negating the PP, but Isles fans thanked him for thinking in a 4D chess way, as the Isles scored during the 4v4, which they probably wouldn't have done on a PP. That one turned out to be the game winner. Smart play. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:10 am 

Game 6. Win and force the ever-fun Game 7, or pack up tomorrow. Get it done! :viking:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:52 pm 

1-0 Isles after 2. Clusterfuck with the goal. This game is giving me a huge stress headache!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:47 pm 

OT. I may puke.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:11 pm 

Canes deserved it. Isles came out for the third to not lose, not to win it. Fuck that shit. Play like that, you deserve to clean out your locker.

Shitty goal to give up though. Pelech is usually great but flubbed the pass. Sorokin is also usually great but just wasn’t set with that far side skate. Shitty break.

Now. Move Bailey in any way to clear up some space and keep Engvall.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:19 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Yikes. That’s a bad goal to give up to end it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:25 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
Yikes. That’s a bad goal to give up to end it.

Yep.

I really hope Lou admits his mistake and fires MacLean. If they'd had ANY sort of PP this year, they'd have been far, far better. The PP sucked and was as predictable as me complaining about it. Tell MacLean to go scratch, and bring in someone who can run a decent PP.

I'm still kinda pissed about the refereeing in Game 2, OT especially, but that's hockey. You can have 2 refs on the ice and they'll both fuck up.

Congrats to the Canes. Damn shame the entire NHL season ended last night.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:07 am 
King of Men

Sorry Chris....I could be joining you shortly!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:23 am 

harmfuljays wrote:
Sorry Chris....I could be joining you shortly!

I can’t believe the Panthers won that! Sorry man.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:38 pm 
OTP Historian

Damn, sorry Chris :x :x

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:09 pm 
Big in Japan

Brent Burns turned back the hands of time. Looked like he had a great series.

Isles have no choice but to double down on the current roster, but they'll need some help.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 6:10 am 

E.L. wrote:
Brent Burns turned back the hands of time. Looked like he had a great series.

Isles have no choice but to double down on the current roster, but they'll need some help.

Burns was a pain in the ass, for sure.

I have no idea what they'll do. Lou is 80 years old. How long can he keep doing this? Most Isles fans think he's irrelevant now; still trying to win through grit instead of skill. Maybe Lou stays on as President, but he should bring in a GM who has a pulse, I mean, finger on the pulse of current hockey. Not that anyone is calling me, but I think they need to get younger, faster and add skilled players over more 4th line grinder types.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 5:12 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Site move must be happening because that's TWO posts of mine that have magically disappeared.

So...Mark Hunter never worked for the Isles? He was Lou's right-hand man in Toronto and then bolted quicker than a red hat-wearing Republican who found himself at a Pride rally the minute they gave the reins to Dubas. Always thought Lou would tab him again but I guess he's happier running the show in London.