OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official MMA thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:36 pm 
King of Men

Hmmm well I kind of want my $45 back. That Forrest Griffin fight was a joke....he laid down and that was it. F'n A Dana hurry up with that Silva/GSP fight already.

Hammer, I even said the same thing during the fight! I said sorry KFlo but you aren't GSP. BJ Penn looked a lot better in that fight. KFlo isn't able to take that next step in his career.

Kenall Grove was wretched....

I won't pay for UFC 102 or 103....my cable bill could use a break....just in time for the Center Ice package..... :roll:

By comparison I thought WEC 42 on last night was better...considering it was free. Seeing Brian Bowles take out arguably the best P4P fighter in the world in Miguel Torres was nothing short of fantastic. But hey its MMA and when you think you're on top.....well there is always someone to remind you it doesn't last long. Jeff Curran got screwed again....poor bastard is starting to turn into Little Evil. Also Joseph Benvides lost in a good match. Its hard to stomach the WEC events with all the commercials...but its better than $44.95

Too bad Affliction is no more. They had the best cards I have ever seen. Now we have to watch this filler shit.

Do you guys watch Inside MMA with Bas Rutten on HDNet....f'n awesome! They had Don Frye and King Mo on there this weekend (apparently they are fighting soon). Don Frye called Dana White a pussy and that Russians are the only real men left since the US has been effeminated! F'n awesome!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:26 am 
King of Men

God damn Gina Carano is hot! But she lost to the Cyborg Santos this evening in the Strikeforce event. In other news Gerard Mousassi finally got his shot and wiped out Babulu for the Light HW Strikeforce Championship.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:40 pm 
Working for the Weekend

nobody has mentioned .. Dana WHite announced they are coming to Vancouver!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:26 pm 
Neck?

Next Silva fight will likely be vs Belfort
New Ultimate Fighter finally is back to worth watching
Damn Kimbo, Rampage, and Sugar all in one series!
To bad for Kimbo but I predict he gets choked or submitted by seasons end and that Rampage is going to rip Sugars head off.
UFC 104 Machida vs. Shogun-Machida will be destroying Shogun easily in the first round well worth the purchase
UFC 105 Randy is fighting again-I'll be skipping this one unless the card changes
UFC 106 Lesnar v Carwin-all out war,but I'd rather see Velasquez fight somebody of substance but still a good matchup and worth the purchase plus Tito's first fight back

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:26 pm 
Neck?

BLUE wrote:
Next Silva fight will likely be vs Belfort
New Ultimate Fighter finally is back to worth watching
Damn Kimbo, Rampage, and Sugar all in one series!
To bad for Kimbo but I predict he gets choked or submitted by seasons end and that Rampage is going to rip Sugars head off.
UFC 104 Machida vs. Shogun-Machida will be destroying Shogun easily in the first round well worth the purchase
UFC 105 Randy is fighting again-I'll be skipping this one unless the card changes
UFC 106 Lesnar v Carwin-all out war,but I'd rather see Velasquez fight somebody of substance but still a good matchup and worth the purchase plus Tito's first fight back

Wow...Machida should have lost last night to Shogun he did not win a single round. After looking untouchable previously he looked remarkably beatable.
Kimbo already got beat in the Ultimate Fighter because some fat ass laid on top of him but he still makes it entertaining to watch.
Rampage is the worst fighting coach in history and a quitter to boot-he quit the UFC so the fight everyone has been looking forward to will be on hold until he runs out of money and discovers he can't act.
Cain looked very good last night against Rothwell although I was expecting better..
Turns out everyone will get to see Couture vs Vera free on Spike.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:14 pm 
No Longer Croozin'

Anyone watch strikeforce last night,Fedor is a fucking beast,I would love to see him knock the snot out of Lesnar,Imo Fedor is the #1 Heavyweight in the world by far.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:12 pm 
OTP Historian

Tuzer wrote:
Anyone watch strikeforce last night,Fedor is a fucking beast,I would love to see him knock the snot out of Lesnar,Imo Fedor is the #1 Heavyweight in the world by far.

I thought that fight was gonna get called when Rogers was on top pounding on him.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:13 am 
No Longer Croozin'

BoscUlrichIII wrote:
Tuzer wrote:

I thought that fight was gonna get called when Rogers was on top pounding on him.
Yeah I thought that for a second too but Fedor has big time game and if Dana White had any clue whatsoever he would be looking for a way to get Brock and Fedor on the same card,Unfortunately because of his giant ego we fans will probably never get to see it
:chris18:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:14 am 
Loves The Cock

here's another reason why it won't be happening...

http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=298377

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:35 am 
OTPoliceman

Disappointing to see Denis Kang drop one to Bisping. Denis trained at Wolfes when I started there in 1996. He was 19 years old and his goal then was to make it to the UFC. He had some success in Japan and PFC but he's lost 2 of 3 contracted fights with the UFC, making bad mistakes in the second round of both losses. I doubt if his contract will be extended, he's probably out of the UFC now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:23 pm 
Working for the Weekend

nobody mentioned this yet , UFC is officially coming to Vancouver , the city finally approved the event. They annouced this yesterday morning.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:28 pm 
No Longer Croozin'

cannots luvah wrote:
nobody mentioned this yet , UFC is officially coming to Vancouver , the city finally approved the event. They annouced this yesterday morning.

Any word if GSP will be on the card?,It would be huge for the Vancouver sports scene if they could make that happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:30 pm 
King of Men

Missed Dynamite on HDNet...hope to check it out...Sengoku/Dream.

Watched UFC 108 and was pleasantly surprised. Evans pulled a Randy on Silva.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:13 am 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Oh dear God...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Hers ... but-011310

Has Walker ever lifted a weight in his life? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:31 am 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Av-merican wrote:
Oh dear God...

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Hers ... but-011310

Has Walker ever lifted a weight in his life? :lol:

"In his Football days, Walker dropped jaws with a workout regimen that included upwards of 3,000 situps and pushups everyday. He also holds a fifth-degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. But even that, he said, could only begin to prepare him for what he's learning about MMA."

I never knew that about Walker

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 2:28 pm 
Neck?

Got UFC113 last night-Shogun was impressive in his destruction of Machida.
Josh Koschek received the ire of Bell Center attendees when he stated that the Penguins would crush the Habs and that he plans on doing the same to GSP (who will destroy him).
Although his saltiness probably was from the cheapshot from Daley at the conclusion of the fight.
Kimbo needs to give up the UFC dream-another embarrassmnet proving the backyard brawler does not belong in MMA.

Looking forward to May 29-Rampage vs. Evans and of course Carwin vs Lesnar later this summer ( I'll be skipping the Liddell vs. Franklin fight b/c is not vs. Ortiz)

Watched the postfight interviews after posting and Dana stated Daley will never fight again in the UFC and the UFC is cutting Kimbo...

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:38 pm 
King of Men

I too watched this. I was surprised Koschek made it out of the Bell Centre alive. GSP should have represented the Habs and destroyed him right there. Why are all the Brit fighters unclassy shit bags?

Mittrione took apart Kimbo with a grin on his face the whole time.

Shogun beating Machida.....yeah....bring on the challengers. Machida's Kung Fu style only lasted so long.

I was so underwhelmed by the whole affair that I had to go youtube that Leonard Garcia Vs Japanese guy after the bouts were over. Now that's a fight!

I can't wait for some black on black crime (not my words...they are Rampages!). Evans is going to pepper him. Of course then there is Carwin/Lesnar and then Roy Nelson vs Dos Santos. At first I scoffed at this but it might not be too bad.

Dana White irritates me. Kimbo will go to Strikeforce and buoy a few cards before he returns home. Daley should go fight in K-1....they like that extra-curricular shit over there.

Check out Bellator much Cousin?

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 3:41 pm 
Big in Japan

GSP couldn't do anything because he was too busy hanging out with yours truly. Interviewed him at a private party on the Friday. Chatted for about ten minutes. He's a pro with the media, unlike most of his peers. There is photographic evidence of the great meeting, although I look like a dork.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:11 am 
Neck?

Didn't post after the Cock Lesnar vs Carwin fight.
I thought Carwin was robbed but at the same time Lesnar took a pounding.
Several other good fights made this the best all around UFC event of the year and now seems little to look forward to in terms of UFC.
UFC 117 barely peeks interest as Silva still owes me my g damn moneys worth for his last 4 fights...Edgar vs Pen 2 not really, Mir vs. Minotauro 2 nah...sucks that for the forseeable future they have these rematches..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:00 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

BLUE wrote:
Didn't post after the Cock Lesnar vs Carwin fight.
I thought Carwin was robbed but at the same time Lesnar took a pounding.
Several other good fights made this the best all around UFC event of the year and now seems little to look forward to in terms of UFC.
UFC 117 barely peeks interest as Silva still owes me my g damn moneys worth for his last 4 fights...Edgar vs Pen 2 not really, Mir vs. Minotauro 2 nah...sucks that for the forseeable future they have these rematches..

I agree that was a great UFC. Carwin/Lesnar looked like it could have easily been stopped a couple times and I thought it was done but who knows, maybe Lesnar was communicating with the ref that he was ok during that pounding.

I am going to UFC 117 in Oakland! Pretty psyched, I have been following the UFC off and on since UFC3 and have never been. Good card IMO, especially if SIlva shows up to fight and not dance. Fitch vs. Alves should be a great fight, Dos Santos vs. Nelson fighting to face the winner of Lesnar vs. Velasquez, Matt Hughes for some nostalgia. Good seats too, they were expensive but less than what it would have cost when I have looked at trying to get tickets in Vegas before.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next