Thats right you saw it correctly.

Why?

1.)Has 14 wins in his first season as a Leaf
2.)Is the main reason why the Leafs have enven a chance at making the playoffs
3.)Because he thankfully stopped Seguin on that breakaway

Post subject: Re: Reimer wood thread
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:17 am 
King of the One-Liner

Yeah he is not great high glove side, but when the D is doing there job it is hard to pick top corners.

Seems like a great guy too, hope he is more than a one hit wonder like so many young goalies.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:01 am 
King of the One-Liner

He's been signed on 1.8m for three years.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:01 am 
2 Legit 2 Quit

I saw him play when the Leafs came to SJ and I was very impressed. Leaf fans should be very happy about this kid IMO!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:14 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

We'll take Scrivens.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:14 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Av-merican wrote:
We'll take Scrivens.

Reimer still has a lot to prove and "the Monster" even more. We will be keeping all projects in the shop I would suspect.

Hell by this point next year maybe Rynnas will be the starter and new savior.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:39 pm 

Knowing the word "concussion" paired with "Reimer" will send the GTA into greater upheaval than SARS ever did, Burke & Co. go into spin overdrive, claiming Gustavsson's use of the term merely meant he is being treated for "concussion-like symptoms" but what is actually whiplash.

Uh...okay.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:45 pm 
OTP Clown

good job gio...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:02 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Ummmm starting to feel like Reimer is going to be a while. :siren:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:07 am 
King of the One-Liner

Well Scrivens has stolen points in two of his four games, been beat up by the Bruin's as all Leaf goalies seem to be in recent years, and got burned for a weak one coming in cold of the bench. I think it's obvious at this point you keep going to him till Reimer is back or he proves to be equally as poor as the Monster over a few weeks period.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:39 pm 
King of the One-Liner

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/9398 ... out-injury

Also listened to radio talk of the whole going to Reimer's mother for the scoop issue and one thing is clear the "Media" will be biased when it comes to protecting their own as the support for this reporter is astonishing.

I think of my Mother in this situation and she would likely spill the beans as well and then when she finds out she shouldn't have she would feel absolutely horrible. Sorry I don't care if the media thinks it has a right to know the details of an injury it still is a despicable to weasel the info out of a players mother.

and to think I have to side with Milbury on something. ewwwwwe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:35 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/939830-leafs-talk-should-reporter-have-contacted-james-reimers-mom-about-injury

Also listened to radio talk of the whole going to Reimer's mother for the scoop issue and one thing is clear the "Media" will be biased when it comes to protecting their own as the support for this reporter is astonishing.

I think of my Mother in this situation and she would likely spill the beans as well and then when she finds out she shouldn't have she would feel absolutely horrible. Sorry I don't care if the media thinks it has a right to know the details of an injury it still is a despicable to weasel the info out of a players mother.

and to think I have to side with Milbury on something. ewwwwwe

Frankly the media gets villainized too often and in this case, they're not to blame. They had a right to the truth and sought it out when the Leafs stubbornly (and frankly, unnecessarily) went into DEFCON-2 regarding Reimer's injury. First they said it was whiplash and not a concussion. Then they said it was whiplash with concussion-like symptoms. Then they BACKTRACKED and said it was the age-old "upper body injury." When they're willfully and knowingly throwing out misinformation like that, that's tantamount to thumbing their noses at the media and IMO they flat-out asked to be outsmarted on this, which they were.

If they had just come out and admitted the truth right off the bat, none of this would've happened. But for them to act all butthurt because a journalist rightfully went to a source and got important information the team was being ridiculously covert about is patently absurd. The guy did his fucking job, nothing more.

I'm not saying every hockey injury has to be reported, this isn't the NFL and gamblers don't control the brass. But to purposely throw out misinformation about a topic that rightfully has a lot of fans concerned like this is pure hubris, and I for one am delighted to see Burke and Wilson get bitten right in the ass for such antics.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:09 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Av-merican wrote:
They had a right to the truth and sought it out when the Leafs stubbornly (and frankly, unnecessarily) went into DEFCON-2 regarding Reimer's injury. First they said it was whiplash and not a concussion. Then they said it was whiplash with concussion-like symptoms. Then they BACKTRACKED and said it was the age-old "upper body injury." When they're willfully and knowingly throwing out misinformation like that, that's tantamount to thumbing their noses at the media and IMO they flat-out asked to be outsmarted on this, which they were.

If they had just come out and admitted the truth right off the bat, none of this would've happened. But for them to act all butthurt because a journalist rightfully went to a source and got important information the team was being ridiculously covert about is patently absurd. The guy did his fucking job, nothing more.

I'm not saying every hockey injury has to be reported, this isn't the NFL and gamblers don't control the brass. But to purposely throw out misinformation about a topic that rightfully has a lot of fans concerned like this is pure hubris, and I for one am delighted to see Burke and Wilson get bitten right in the ass for such antics.

So how do you think Reimer's mother feels in all this?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:22 pm 

Hounsy wrote:

Concerned about her son, according to the story.

It's the Leafs who are inadvertently making it seem like she spoke out of turn, not the journalists. They need to shut their mouths and admit they should've been more forthright, and all this wouldn't have happened.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:41 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Av-merican wrote:
Hounsy wrote:

It's the Leafs who are inadvertently making it seem like she spoke out of turn, not the journalists. They need to shut their mouths and admit they should've been more forthright, and all this wouldn't have happened.

So when the writer attached her name as the source he had no idea it would likely cause her grief?

What I think needs to happen is Reimer needs to find the writer and pop him in the head once and tell him never to take advantage of my mother again. But he clearly does not seem like the type, I would be livid.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:47 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
Av-merican wrote:
Hounsy wrote:

So when the writer attached her name as the source he had no idea it would likely cause her grief?

Why would it or should it? She's a mother concerned about the health of her son. What's the big deal about that? It's the Leafs organization bitching to high heaven that she "blew the cover" off their little secret and making it seem like she said something she shouldn't. And why is it so egregious that a mother voices this concern? It isn't, and Burke/Wilson need to grow the hell up.

Honestly, no. I don't believe the writer meant or could have expected the Leafs to scream bloody murder to the point where they characterized Reimer's mother as a blabbermouth. Then again I should expect less than for Ron Wilson to be something other than a self-righteous jerk.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:03 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Av-merican wrote:
Why would it or should it? She's a mother concerned about the health of her son.

Why would it? Come on Av your not that naive, your son and his bosses are not giving the press info then you go ahead and blab it up unwittingly to a vulture reporter, that's going to hurt a mother don't try and tell me otherwise. Really, how anyone can not think contacting mothers should be offside without players permission boggles my mind...maybe I'm just too old fashioned?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:12 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
Av-merican wrote:
Why would it or should it? She's a mother concerned about the health of her son.

Why would it? Come on Av your not that naive, your son and his bosses are not giving the press info then you go ahead and blab it up unwittingly to a vulture reporter, that's going to hurt a mother don't try and tell me otherwise. Really, how anyone can not think contacting mothers should be offside without players permission boggles my mind...maybe I'm just too old fashioned?

If Reimer were some kind of player bogged down in scandal rather than an injury, then yes I'd consider this out of bounds, because then all he'd be trying to do is get some emotional tirade or otherwise juicy quote. That would indeed by "vulture-like." In this case dude was simply trying to find information on an injured player, and getting worse than no information from the team responsible for disseminating such info. The fans who pay tickets and pay to see Leafs TV had a right to know, and so he went to the one source he would get an honest, forthright response; not a flippant, childish, and insulting answer to a legitimate question. I don't think that makes me naive, and my mother most certainly doesn't need my permission to talk her fool Korean head off to whomever she pleases. It's not like the guy somehow took advantage of some batty old woman.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:04 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

I'm with Hounsy, when I saw that story my first reaction was 'oh man that mother is going to feel terrible, can't believe the reporter would take advantage of his mom (so to speak)'. But maybe she is a Lindros type mom, in which case she knew it would cause a ruckus but did it on purpose to try to get attention.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:43 pm 

hammer wrote:
I'm with Hounsy, when I saw that story my first reaction was 'oh man that mother is going to feel terrible, can't believe the reporter would take advantage of his mom (so to speak)'. But maybe she is a Lindros type mom, in which case she knew it would cause a ruckus but did it on purpose to try to get attention.

I dunno...maybe I'm overreacting since I think the "mainstream media" gets villainized far too often. But I still don't think the reporter did anything egregious, and I think the Leafs are the ones being ridiculous.