OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: So, what now?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:53 pm 
Offline
Big Man of the Post

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:45 pm
Posts: 42
Mods will only disappoint you when they Irish Goodbye, then crawl out from under a rock when their team matters.

:haha:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, what now?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:05 pm 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9839
tommyboy wrote:
Mods will only disappoint you when they Irish Goodbye, then crawl out from under a rock when their team matters.

:haha:



! Hey Tommy! How's it going, man?

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, what now?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:15 pm 
Offline
Big Man of the Post

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:45 pm
Posts: 42
Bosc wrote:
tommyboy wrote:
Mods will only disappoint you when they Irish Goodbye, then crawl out from under a rock when their team matters.

:haha:



! Hey Tommy! How's it going, man?



All is well! Blues made it to the cup and eventually I thought “Is OTP still around?” :woop:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, what now?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:58 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10942
Location: 'Real City
Well they better win now!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, what now?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:49 am 
Offline
Tattoo of the Post
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 7604
Hey Tommy! I hope the Blues win it!

_________________
Posting your political views on social media is like sticking your head up your ass & whispering: You're just as likely to change someone's mind, and you'll always come out looking like a shithead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, what now?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:05 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10942
Location: 'Real City
Now: Cup Winners!!!!!!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, what now?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:19 am 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10942
Location: 'Real City
Armstrong doesn't have a spotless record as GM by any means, but he fleeced Buffalo for ROR, fleeced Philly for Schenn and made a shrewd move adding Bozak.

Just needed a goalie to bring it all together.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, what now?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:30 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10942
Location: 'Real City
The Blues have acquired RD Justin Faulk from the Canes in exchange for Joel Edmundson, Dominik Bokk and a 7th rounder in 2021. The Blues also acquired a 5th rounder in 2020.

They then turned around and extended Faulk for 7 years at 6.5M AAV. He's 27.

Solid move for a team looking to contend again. Faulk will lineup at RD with Pietrangelo and Parayko. It should be noted Pietrangelo is a pending UFA after next season and who knows how that might go down.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, what now?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:24 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 22097
E.L. wrote:
The Blues have acquired RD Justin Faulk from the Canes in exchange for Joel Edmundson, Dominik Bokk and a 7th rounder in 2021. The Blues also acquired a 5th rounder in 2020.

They then turned around and extended Faulk for 7 years at 6.5M AAV. He's 27.

Solid move for a team looking to contend again. Faulk will lineup at RD with Pietrangelo and Parayko. It should be noted Pietrangelo is a pending UFA after next season and who knows how that might go down.


I don't like that move. They just gave up (arguably) their best prospect for a pretty expensive third pairing defender who was essentially a salary dump.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, what now?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:23 am 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10942
Location: 'Real City
Nobody ever said keeping the band together would be cheap: Brayden Schenn gets 8 years (!) at 6.5M AAV.

Pietrangelo next?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, what now?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:07 am 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10942
Location: 'Real City
Jay Bouwmeester collapsed on the bench during last night's game against the Ducks. They're saying it was a cardiac incident. Scary moment.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, what now?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:07 am 
Offline
King of Men
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:26 pm
Posts: 6581
Location: Left Field
The weird thing is that they postponed the game which led me and the wife to believe they thought he had initially passed before the training staff came to his aid. Seemed to be some type of arrhythmia as he put together a normal shift moments before. Assuming we don't see JBo back on the ice again.....and if its that's the case it was a productive and long career. Fortunately he is stable and recovering. Where is our resident Heart Surgeon CIB when we need him?

_________________
“These men are in prison…They are quite contented in prison — caged animals who have never known freedom; but it is prison all the same.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, what now?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:14 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 22097
harmfuljays wrote:
The weird thing is that they postponed the game which led me and the wife to believe they thought he had initially passed before the training staff came to his aid. Seemed to be some type of arrhythmia as he put together a normal shift moments before. Assuming we don't see JBo back on the ice again.....and if its that's the case it was a productive and long career. Fortunately he is stable and recovering. Where is our resident Heart Surgeon CIB when we need him?


I'm hearing that severe dehydration played a part.

Scary as hell watching Vince Dunn and Alex Pietrangelo freak the hell out as it was happening,

This happened twice before that I can remember. When Rich Peverley collapsed on the bench when he played for the Stars, and when Jiri Fischer collapsed while playing for the Wings. Neither player ever played again. I hope it's not the same with Bouwmeester, but as you say, he's had a very long career capped off with a Cup win.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, what now?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:24 pm 
Offline
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:40 pm
Posts: 2593
So has it been confirmed that it was some kind of cardiac event?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: So, what now?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:40 pm 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9839
Scary stuff, hopefully he makes a full recovery :x

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group