OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Concerts
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:00 am 
Big in Japan

New Chemical Brothers album is their best in years and right up there with their classics. They're headlining Montreal's big outdoor fest this August and I can't wait.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:35 am 
OTP Historian

EL, how was Massive Attack?

Saw John Mayer again with Anam last night. My wife's bag, but for someone who isn't really that into his stuff he puts on a good show and can play the shit out of the guitar.

Summersault in September. Our Lady Peace with Live and Bush.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:39 am 
Big in Japan

Bosc wrote:
EL, how was Massive Attack?

Delayed till September.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:40 am 
King of Men

I've always wanted to see NOFX and time is running out.

What could be better? Seeing NOFX and a beer festival at Red Rocks?

Sadly, I am really only there to see NOFX, the tickets are very expensive and it takes a special breed of person to appreciate this music....none of which I know personally. Without Beerfest admissions tickets are $60....so maybe.

https://www.redrocksonline.com/events/d ... in-drublic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:13 am 
Big in Japan

harmfuljays wrote:

Sadly, I am really only there to see NOFX, the tickets are very expensive and it takes a special breed of person to appreciate this music....none of which I know personally. Without Beerfest admissions tickets are $60....so maybe.

Me First and the Gimmies Gimmies are always a good time!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:21 am 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

Me First and the Gimmies Gimmies are always a good time!

I can't remember if it was them or NOFX that I saw at Warped Tour way back in the day.

We saw Doobie Brothers and Santana at Budweiser Stage in Toronto last week, fun show. Cheap lawn tickets there are a great way to spend a summer evening no matter who is playing. And beer carts and beer peeps are EVERYWHERE. You probably don't need to walk more than 40 feet and wait more behind more than a few people in line.

Anam and I were discussing bands we would go and see. I'd love to see Tool and would probably see Radiohead again. Wondering if Silversun Pickups are worth it at this point. Bright Light Social Hour absolutely anytime they come to town. I Mother Earth I would see, but I don't give a shit about the bands they've played with(80 bucks to split the show with Finger Eleven? No fucking thanks). I was the biggest Matthew Good Band fan back in the day but probably wouldn't care all that much about seeing him now.

I missed the Third Eye Blind show because Hannah was only like 2 months old. I'd go see them.

She mentioned Offspring, Green Day and Oasis and I probably would have been down for those shows when I was younger but now I wouldn't care to shell out the money it would likely cost to see them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:19 am 
Big in Japan

Bosc wrote:
Anam and I were discussing bands we would go and see.

Bucket list bands! Feel like I ticked a big one from my list by seeing Chemical Brothers last week, and I've got Massive Attack coming up.

I was sad I missed that last At the Drive-In reunion, but it doesn't sound like the band was all that into it, either. If they all showed and wanted to be there, I'd love to see them.

I saw Blur on the Think Tank tour, but it would be great to see them with Graham Coxon. Also not currently touring.

Saw Silversun a few years back. Think their records are better.

Some others I'd love to see one day: Fatboy Slim, The Streets, Dizzee Rascal, Empire of the Sun, Social Distorsion, Ben Folds, Godley & Creme (definitely retired), Television and Neil Young, who I missed in Quebec City last year. Starting to worry about his health.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:34 pm 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Anam and I were discussing bands we would go and see.

Bucket list bands! Feel like I ticked a big one from my list by seeing Chemical Brothers last week, and I've got Massive Attack coming up.

I was sad I missed that last At the Drive-In reunion, but it doesn't sound like the band was all that into it, either. If they all showed and wanted to be there, I'd love to see them.

I saw Blur on the Think Tank tour, but it would be great to see them with Graham Coxon. Also not currently touring.

Saw Silversun a few years back. Think their records are better.

Some others I'd love to see one day: Fatboy Slim, The Streets, Dizzee Rascal, Empire of the Sun, Social Distorsion, Ben Folds, Godley & Creme (definitely retired), Television and Neil Young, who I missed in Quebec City last year. Starting to worry about his health.

Then that might count out Silversun because it's really the first two records that did it for me.

The thing about John Mayer is that I don't really care for his album stuff but his shows are enjoyable live.

I saw Radiohead during the Kid A tour and man, what a show. So not so much a bucket list show as just haven't seen them in nearly 20 years but still enjoy them even though I haven't listened to their stuff too closely.

Tool and Third Eye Blind would be bucket list shows for sure.

Hell, if Tea Party was touring complete Splendor Solis or Edges of Twilight I'd go to that show.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:07 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Garth was definitely a "bucket list" for me. Glad I got it out of the way, as it was indeed a good show.

Pearl Jam is a band I've never really *loved* but they put on fantastic shows.

My biggest regret is not seeing STP when Scott Weiland was alive and still somewhat coherent.

I'm at the age now where a lot of my favorites are calling it quits (Peter Gabriel is reportedly in semi-retirement, so I'm glad I saw him twice), breaking up, or have aged into novelty festival acts. I cut it about as close as I could have with Van Halen.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:51 am 
King of Men

Pokecheque wrote:
Garth was definitely a "bucket list" for me. Glad I got it out of the way, as it was indeed a good show.

Pearl Jam is a band I've never really *loved* but they put on fantastic shows.

My biggest regret is not seeing STP when Scott Weiland was alive and still somewhat coherent.

I'm at the age now where a lot of my favorites are calling it quits (Peter Gabriel is reportedly in semi-retirement, so I'm glad I saw him twice), breaking up, or have aged into novelty festival acts. I cut it about as close as I could have with Van Halen.

I saw Weiland at a very small venue in Denver and was glad I did. After seeing a flagging Motley Crue, Def Leppard and barely there Black Sabbath (still f'n awesome) I bowed out of Van Halen. I did see Stevie Wonder at Red Rocks last month.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:08 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Oh I'd love to see Stevie.

Billy Joel can still rock entire stadiums but you can tell he's having a little trouble getting around on stage. If you haven't seen the Piano Man yet...GO while there's still time.

I think I will come to regret never seeing Elton John.

I saw VH right after DLR returned for like the 5th time and they had just kicked Michael Anthony out of the band, so while it sucked not seeing the classic lineup, Wolfgang was still plenty good, and Diamond Dave at that point could still belt out reasonably good vocals.

Saw the Stones in the early nineties...hard to believe they're STILL touring.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:43 am 
OTP Historian

Tool tickets on sale on Friday. Going to try to snag a pair. I've never seen them live. Two shows in Toronto. It's the only other 2-stop city other than LA.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:02 pm 
Big in Japan

Bosc wrote:
Tool tickets on sale on Friday. Going to try to snag a pair. I've never seen them live. Two shows in Toronto. It's the only other 2-stop city other than LA.

I'd consider going but I already know there's a 90% chance they're playing Montreal on the second leg in 2020. Provided they don't kill each other first.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:18 am 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Bosc wrote:

I'd consider going but I already know there's a 90% chance they're playing Montreal on the second leg in 2020. Provided they don't kill each other first.

Hopefully not!

Concert is a go, tickets confirmed.

Goddam fucking ticketmaster. Load up available tickets, every fucking pair I tried to select had been claimed until the ones I got. Remove them then.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:03 pm 
Big in Japan

Vampire Weekend tomorrow, Hot Chip Tuesday and Massive Attack next weekend. Perfect week of concerts.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:21 am 
OTP Historian

Summersault, back to the 90's. Live, Bush and Our Lady Peace.

Live was pretty good. Ed's voice is certainly not what it used to. They ended with Lakini's Juice, which might be my favorite song of theirs.

Bush was fun. Gavin Rossdale still looks like he's having a blast up there and apparently just goes wandering into the crowd singing during the shows. They didn't fuck around and just opened right up with Machinehead. Most of the hits and a couple of newer/less known tunes.

Our Lady Peace was great. Raine's voice has probably held up the best of the three lead singers. Hearing them play Maps by the Yeah Yeah Yeah's is up there with one of the most unexpected things I've seen at a show. Stayed until the end for the encore since it was 4am, then the all-timers in Naveed and Starseed.

I wasn't interested in going to this show at first but I'm glad Anam convinced me to. 30 bucks per ticket well spent even though it rained a bit. Budweiser Stage(the old Molson Ampitheatre) is just an awesome place for shows in the summer. Lawns were closed and we were given seats. Our Lady Peace was an old favourite that I never did see because when I started going to concerts in '99 I wasn't all that keen on their newer stuff coming out so never ended up seeing them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:49 am 
OTP Historian

I Mother Earth playing at the Moose and Goose in Thorold. I saw Thornley there once. About an hour from me and right in Hounsy's backyard(if you're interested, Craig!). $45, only one opener, I'll be going to this even if it's just by myself.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:37 am 
Big in Japan

Bosc wrote:
I Mother Earth playing at the Moose and Goose in Thorold. I saw Thornley there once. About an hour from me and right in Hounsy's backyard(if you're interested, Craig!). $45, only one opener, I'll be going to this even if it's just by myself.

Edwin IME or Brian IME?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:52 am 
OTP Historian

E.L. wrote:
Bosc wrote:

Edwin IME or Brian IME?

It's Edwin IME but I would go regardless. Interested? :D

My buddy out in Niagara Falls is out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:00 pm 
OTP Historian

Wait wait what? THIS is the band opening for Tool? This gonna be good...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 285 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next