OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:59 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
E.L. wrote:

What the hell was that? It was worse than the bike dance scene in Rad.

What a movie! Watching that used to be like an initiation for new girlfriends of my brother and some of his buddies.

:lol: Ever see BMX Bandits? One of Nicole Kidman's first movies.

I missed the Isles-Preds game. Very glad I did. 5-0 Preds. What the hell? All Isles blogs say they just looked totally uninterested and unprepared. Seems everyone else in the Metro won or at least got a Bettman point. Fuckity fuck.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:02 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
E.L. wrote:

What a movie! Watching that used to be like an initiation for new girlfriends of my brother and some of his buddies.

I missed the Isles-Preds game. Very glad I did. 5-0 Preds. What the hell? All Isles blogs say they just looked totally uninterested and unprepared. Seems everyone else in the Metro won or at least got a Bettman point. Fuckity fuck.

I am 99% sure that I actually found and bought that movie for my brother, and he said it was awful :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:57 am 

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:
E.L. wrote:

I am 99% sure that I actually found and bought that movie for my brother, and he said it was awful :lol:

:lol: It's terrible. But it's a BMX movie! They were rarer than black diamonds and things like skate & BMX videos didn't exist yet.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:56 pm 
Big in Japan

Isles pick up Devil captain Andy Greene.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:39 am 

E.L. wrote:
Isles pick up Devil captain Andy Greene.

For 5'8" David Quenneville and their 2021 2nd rounder.
Big news part of it- Greene waived his NTC in order to GO TO the Isles! Nobody does that. He was either really sick of the Devils or actually thinks the Isles have a good team.
Either way, expiring contract and he's 37. Chances are, this is Dennis Seidenberg 2.0. Lou signed Greene to the Devils back in the day, so this is "one of his guys". That can be dangerous with Lou. He may get a 2 year deal at the end of the year.
If this is the start of addressing their needs, that's great. If this is the only move, I'll be pissed. They really need scoring. Badly.

At the Coyotes for a desert day game today.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:21 pm 

Pulock offered Greene #6, since that's what he's worn forever. Greene thanked him, but took #4, the only single digit # the Isles have left that isn't being used or hanging from the rafters.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:26 pm 
Big in Japan

I think Greene realized getting traded at his age to a contender without having to leave the NYC metro area is as good as it'll get.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:50 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Pulock offered the #6 to Greene but he refused and will wear #4 instead.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:00 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Pulock offered the #6 to Greene but he refused and will wear #4 instead.

Echo echo echo... :lol:

Greene with an assist in his first Isles game. They finally scored a fucking goal!!! :siren: Aaaaaaaaaaand they still lost. 2-1 to the Coyotes. Raanta was frigging amazing, including a puck crossing about 90% over the line before he kicked it out. Bastard. Beauvillier with 18 goals now. Yay! Eberle hit the post twice and Leddy hit it once. Isles are struggling to score, despite outplaying teams. You have to think that will reverse, but in Eberle's case it's been most of the season now.

Time to trade for a scorer. No really. It is.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:07 pm 
Big in Japan

Tatar for Dobson?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:49 am 

E.L. wrote:
Tatar for Dobson?

Dobson is one player Isles fans don't want to part with. Fans... No idea about actual management.
Dobson hasn't looked overmatched at all. Some rookie mistakes, but he's played well in both ends, and has even been physical, something I don't expect from a 19 year old, unless they go in overconfident and get burned. He really hasn't. He's been very smart. My biggest concern is that he's been paired with Johnny Boychuk and is probably going to learn to dive to break up plays, only to see the puck in his net as he's laying on the ice.

Avs on Wednesday. I'll miss the game (probably a good thing) due to Miss18.2's tournament beginning. 90 minutes away on a Wednesday night... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:33 am 

3-1 loss to the Avs. I watched a little. Isles hit a few posts. I keep thinking their luck will change, then I remember the 17 game point streak and think "oh. It already did."
Back into a WC spot, with Carolina, Columbus and the Leafs all right there as well. 4 days to pull off an "all in" move or pull the plug.

Friday- hosting the Wings, on John Tonelli night. #27 will be raised to the rafters, yet still worn by Anders Lee.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:31 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
3-1 loss to the Avs. I watched a little. Isles hit a few posts. I keep thinking their luck will change, then I remember the 17 game point streak and think "oh. It already did."
Back into a WC spot, with Carolina, Columbus and the Leafs all right there as well. 4 days to pull off an "all in" move or pull the plug.

Friday- hosting the Wings, on John Tonelli night. #27 will be raised to the rafters, yet still worn by Anders Lee.

I watched the game. Avs were pretty much dominant in the 1st, then it turned into a slog more along the lines of what the Isles like to play, but they just couldn't capitalize. Isles did what they always do to teams and tried to box the opposing team out, and it was largely successful, but the Avs did a much better job than lately of getting guys in front of the net. Two of the three goals scored were off deflections. Varly did quite well all things considered.

Isles desperately need a dynamic puckmover on the back end. Leddy et al are simply not enough. You can see what a guy like that can do for a team when you see Cale Makar and Quinn Hughes do their thing, Isles need that guy. It was way too easy for the Avalanche to zero in on Barzal and shut him down.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:11 am 

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

I watched the game. Avs were pretty much dominant in the 1st, then it turned into a slog more along the lines of what the Isles like to play, but they just couldn't capitalize. Isles did what they always do to teams and tried to box the opposing team out, and it was largely successful, but the Avs did a much better job than lately of getting guys in front of the net. Two of the three goals scored were off deflections. Varly did quite well all things considered.

Isles desperately need a dynamic puckmover on the back end. Leddy et al are simply not enough. You can see what a guy like that can do for a team when you see Cale Makar and Quinn Hughes do their thing, Isles need that guy. It was way too easy for the Avalanche to zero in on Barzal and shut him down.

I don't know. When they're playing well, Leddy, Toews and Pulock are all pretty dynamic. Dobson is good with the first pass. I don't know if there's an illness going through the team that they're not talking about, stress over the deadline, or just general "it's mid-season" bleh.... But they don't look anything like they did 2 months ago. The entire team looks slow. I think their main need is a real sniper for Barzal to get the puck to. Someone who moves around to get open and can quickly convert his passes to scoring chances. That sounds like it would be pretty easy to do; just shoot. But for some reason they struggle with it. The best shooter on the team is Nelson, but he's also a center, so they never play together. Maybe they need to bring in another C and move Nelson back to wing again. But I don't think Nelson and Barzal worked well together in the past.

Wings tonight. And I don't mean my dinner menu.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:53 pm 

Clutterbuck moved to LTIR and assigned to Bridgeport.
Bellows sent down to Bridgeport.
Ladd and Koivula called up.
Brassard day to day.

Ug.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:57 am 
Big in Japan

I have a soft spot for the 2016-17 Ottawa Senators, so I'm happy to see Pageau and Brassard reunited on Long Island.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:06 pm 
Big in Japan

Isles pay a heavy price for Pageau, but they also re-signed him, so not a rental.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:44 pm 
Big in Japan

Whoa Whoa Whoa Frank Seravalli says Lou in talks to bring Parise to LI! Ladd maybe going the other way. Recapture penalties galore.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:49 pm 
Big in Japan

No Parise. The impossible did not happen.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:26 pm 

E.L. wrote:
No Parise. The impossible did not happen.

That really felt like a lose-lose scenario all around. Probably best it didn't happen but there's still a possibility it will in the offseason.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 19  Next