OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:00 pm 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9818
E.L. wrote:
Esa Lindell locked up for six years, 5.8M AAV. Will be a bargain.

Heiskanen, Klingberg, Lindell is as good a top-3 as you'll find in the league, and I think they're favourites to sign Karlsson. Just a hunch.

The instinct is to add to the second line, and they'll do that too, but with Spezza off the books and Hanzal on permanent IR, they've got room and an elite goalie they need to ride right now.


The fancy stats are saying that's a big overpay for Lindell. He plays lots of minutes but he's carried by his partners.

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:22 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10862
Location: 'Real City
Bosc wrote:
E.L. wrote:
Esa Lindell locked up for six years, 5.8M AAV. Will be a bargain.

Heiskanen, Klingberg, Lindell is as good a top-3 as you'll find in the league, and I think they're favourites to sign Karlsson. Just a hunch.

The instinct is to add to the second line, and they'll do that too, but with Spezza off the books and Hanzal on permanent IR, they've got room and an elite goalie they need to ride right now.


The fancy stats are saying that's a big overpay for Lindell. He plays lots of minutes but he's carried by his partners.


Honestly surprised by the unflattering stats. Looked good to me.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:15 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 22013
Yeah, I thought Lindell was good when not trying to draw a call from the refs. That said, I thought that was a bit of an overpay, but whatever, Stars were not in the driver's seat on this one.

Now I wonder what they do with Julius Honka. I still think the talent is there but the organization has clearly soured on him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:27 am 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 22013
Personally I would've preferred Big Ben get the Vezina, but Vasilevskiy is no slouch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:45 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 22013
Wait, what? The Stars traded Tyler Pitlick for Ryan Hartman...and then didn't tender him a qualifying offer. He's UFA.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:13 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10862
Location: 'Real City
Pokecheque wrote:
Wait, what? The Stars traded Tyler Pitlick for Ryan Hartman...and then didn't tender him a qualifying offer. He's UFA.


Hartman's mom was seemingly trying to get in touch with her son on Twitter. Definitely worried about this kid, who keeps getting moved for some reason.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:32 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 22013
E.L. wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
Wait, what? The Stars traded Tyler Pitlick for Ryan Hartman...and then didn't tender him a qualifying offer. He's UFA.


Hartman's mom was seemingly trying to get in touch with her son on Twitter. Definitely worried about this kid, who keeps getting moved for some reason.


Had a really fantastic rookie season...since then his game has really dropped off. He's your prototypical pest who can pot a few goals here and there, but I don't think there's anything particularly special about his game.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:09 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10862
Location: 'Real City
What have you Fedun for me lately? Sign a two year, two way deal, that's what.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:09 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 22013
E.L. wrote:
What have you Fedun for me lately? Sign a two year, two way deal, that's what.


:rimshot:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:19 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10862
Location: 'Real City
Well they certainly got older by adding Pavelski, Perry and Sekera. I think they got a little better in the end. Shame Nichushkin didn't work out.

As long as Bishop stays healthy and Klingberg/Heiskanen remain elite, they'll be a near-contender. When Hanzal inevitably goes LTIR, they'll have extra cap room to play with.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:35 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 22013
E.L. wrote:
Well they certainly got older by adding Pavelski, Perry and Sekera. I think they got a little better in the end. Shame Nichushkin didn't work out.

As long as Bishop stays healthy and Klingberg/Heiskanen remain elite, they'll be a near-contender. When Hanzal inevitably goes LTIR, they'll have extra cap room to play with.


Now my question is, they got older, but did they get slower? I think it all kinda/sorta cancels out. I don't think Joe Pavs is a slow guy, but he's no speed demon either. But they also jettisoned Spezza, and Hintz is a really good skater. Sekera is slow AF but really, he just has to provide adequate offense on the 3rd pairing while Klingberg and Miro eat up monster minutes.

I'll never understand what happened with Valeri Nichushkin. That guy went from Young Player to Watch to NHL washout in record time. They're also officially moving on from Julius Honka, but I doubt they get much for him.

IMO getting John Stevens is a huge get for them. He may not be a great head coach but he's arguably the best assistant in the league. He can build you a killer power play.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:04 am 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9818
E.L. wrote:
When Hanzal inevitably goes LTIR, they'll have extra cap room to play with.


Dude's only 32. Feels like he's a lot older than that. But I guess that could be because he's hurt all the time and averaging like 56 games a year. Opposite of Pavelski. 35 but feels like that's too old.

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:54 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 22013
Alexander Radulov, after scoring 15 points in 29 games, and 30 PIM (!!!), is a healthy scratch tonight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:45 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 22013
THE FUCK is goin' on in Big D?

Monty gets fired, they say it's because of "unprofessional conduct" but has absolutely nothing to do with the recent focus on coaching misconduct in the wake of Babs and Peters getting the boot. Nill says at the presser that he won't comment on it because of the people involved but it doesn't involve any other Stars employees.

What. Did. He. Do!?

As others have already pointed out, it's kinda weird the organization whose CEO once went on record to say their two best players were "Fucking horseshit" just fired their head coach for "unprofessionalism."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:03 pm 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9818
Sounds like domestic...

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:07 pm 
Offline
Big in Japan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:37 am
Posts: 10862
Location: 'Real City
Bosc wrote:
Sounds like domestic...


My first thought as well...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:09 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 22013
Bosc wrote:
Sounds like domestic...


Yeah, that could be it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:20 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 22013
Well, maybe not. Nill said no crime was committed.

We'll just have to wait until it leaks, and it will eventually.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:27 pm 
Offline
OTP Historian
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:10 pm
Posts: 9818
Pokecheque wrote:
Well, maybe not. Nill said no crime was committed.

We'll just have to wait until it leaks, and it will eventually.


I thought I saw it said that noone had been charged with a crime. Different than saying no crime was committed. Which in itself is not the same as nobody being convicted of a crime. We're adults here and understand(unlike a lot of fans) that just because nobody was charged or convicted of a crime that one wasn't committed.

_________________
Thanks Chuck, E.L. and Harmy!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:16 pm 
Offline
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:37 am
Posts: 22013
Bosc wrote:
I thought I saw it said that noone had been charged with a crime. Different than saying no crime was committed. Which in itself is not the same as nobody being convicted of a crime. We're adults here and understand(unlike a lot of fans) that just because nobody was charged or convicted of a crime that one wasn't committed.


Could be that, I just don't understand why a presser was even held if they weren't going to inform anyone of anything. They just ended up being even more vague about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group