OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 57  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:28 am 
King of Men

Pokecheque wrote:
Okay, there is no fucking way in hell I'm not watching this one.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/in-the-first-fu ... 1836393349

Jeri Ryan might actually be better looking now than she was 20 years ago.

Schwing!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the heads up.

Just finished watching Dark and Stranger Things Season 3 on Netflix. Apparently I like one Genre (Sci-fi) and that's it.

Dark, well I am committed..its German with either subtitles or english dub....its about time travel....and its all over the place. I like it....almost like Doom Patrol with their handling of time travel. Seems to be a lot of this lately.

Stranger Things is always good for a SHORT scarey Gooneyesque experience. Not sure how much more I can handle of the goofy creatures who never seem to go away but.....I'd watch a 4th season.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:31 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

harmfuljays wrote:
Pokecheque wrote:
Okay, there is no fucking way in hell I'm not watching this one.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/in-the-first-fu ... 1836393349

Jeri Ryan might actually be better looking now than she was 20 years ago.

Schwing!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the heads up.

Just finished watching Dark and Stranger Things Season 3 on Netflix. Apparently I like one Genre (Sci-fi) and that's it.

Dark, well I am committed..its German with either subtitles or english dub....its about time travel....and its all over the place. I like it....almost like Doom Patrol with their handling of time travel. Seems to be a lot of this lately.

Stranger Things is always good for a SHORT scarey Gooneyesque experience. Not sure how much more I can handle of the goofy creatures who never seem to go away but.....I'd watch a 4th season.

Wife and I also just finished watching Dark and Stranger Things, and we also love it. Agree with your assessment on Stranger Things, but still enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:59 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I still enjoyed Season 2 even though it definitely went in the wrong direction for a while there--they appear to have learned from that mistake. Making our way slowly through part 3, sadly one major spoiler has already made its way to me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:00 am 
King of Men

ok folks.....I just finished watching the first Season of Euphoria on HBO. If this is an indication of what young people are dealing with today (which seems to be confirmed by my son and his friends) it is a pretty sad state of affairs. The moral compass really seems to be lost and these young people are looking for something/anything to give their lives meaning, value and purpose. This often leaves them incredibly open to predatory adults with their own agendas or highly volatile situations that are acted upon through impulse.

While I guess you could make that case for every generation, this one in particular seems to be more lost than the ones before it. Without even an internal foundation to operate from.

Its a bit dramatic but worth the watch if you don't want to sleep walk through your children's teen years.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:05 pm 

I've heard some very good things about that show.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:14 pm 
Big in Japan

Euphoria is the coolest looking show I've seen in a long time. First show in a while that I can say is trying to be unique with its visual style.

I think the show deals with a lot of tried and true teen problems like sex and sexuality, suburban boredom, poor adult supervision and drugs, but adapted to today's technological concerns, making everything that much more extreme.

The acting is pretty great too. Zendaya really captures that balance between smart and strung out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:19 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Euphoria is the coolest looking show I've seen in a long time. First show in a while that I can say is trying to be unique with its visual style.

I think the show deals with a lot of tried and true teen problems like sex and sexuality, suburban boredom, poor adult supervision and drugs, but adapted to today's technological concerns, making everything that much more extreme.

The acting is pretty great too. Zendaya really captures that balance between smart and strung out.

I never really paid much attention to direction on TV until Mad Men. Atlanta is worth it for some of the amazing shots alone (the show itself is really good too). I have a discounted month of HBO/Cinemax. I'll have to try it out because when shows like this gain so much buzz so quickly, there's usually a good reason why.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:25 pm 
Old Man of the Post

I'm looking forward to Season 2 of Mindhunter (Netflix, August 16). Season 1 was terrific and I think 2 will be just as good.

Hearing that Disney is rolling out its streaming service soon. In addition to Disney / Pixar library, they own the MCU and Harry Potter franchise...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:50 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Watched Good Omens and The Boys on Amazon Prime and I enjoyed both very much. The Boys a bit more over all but highly recommend both.

A fresh and twisted take on the Superhero market was a surprise and the Boys was just that.

Good Omens features Michael Sheen and David Tennant as an angel and a demon that have grown chummy and any time those two are on screen the show is awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:40 pm 

Yeah, Good Omens was fantastic, mostly because of the two leads. You could tell they were enjoying themselves in those roles.

Haven't seen The Boys yet but the comic was over-the-top fun. I'd expect the same with the adaptation.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:03 pm 
Old Man of the Post

Pokecheque wrote:
Yeah, Good Omens was fantastic, mostly because of the two leads. You could tell they were enjoying themselves in those roles.

Is the rest of the season any better bc the pilot was kinda boring...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:19 pm 

the Cunning Linguist wrote:
Is the rest of the season any better bc the pilot was kinda boring...

Yes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:05 am 

UnREAL a behind the scenes looking at the directed deceit and manipulation of a reality tv bachlorettesque show. The lead actress Shiri Appleby is fantastic, how she make relatable such a truly vile human being is amazing. Great show if you enjoy dark humour.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3314218/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:31 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Fogghorn wrote:
UnREAL a behind the scenes looking at the directed deceit and manipulation of a reality tv bachlorettesque show. The lead actress Shiri Appleby is fantastic, how she make relatable such a truly vile human being is amazing. Great show if you enjoy dark humour.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3314218/
My cousin was in that show. Played Preston Palmer, one of the bachelors who gets voted off early around episode 3 or4. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:40 pm 

Oh fuck yes. WERNER GODDAMN HERZOG is officially in the Star Wars universe!

https://io9.gizmodo.com/in-the-first-ma ... 1834033005

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:20 am 

Okay, wife and I started up The Romanoffs again but my God it's one of the worst TV series I've ever encountered. You'd think Matthew Weiner would do better...not in this case.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:31 pm 
Big in Japan

OK finally on board Mindhunter. Didn't even realize it was Fincher, and Zodiac is my favourite movie of his so this is right in my wheelhouse. Classic Fincher tension all over this one, and excellent music choices too. The scene with Zeppelin's In the Light was brilliant.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:47 pm 

E.L. wrote:
OK finally on board Mindhunter. Didn't even realize it was Fincher, and Zodiac is my favourite movie of his so this is right in my wheelhouse. Classic Fincher tension all over this one, and excellent music choices too. The scene with Zeppelin's In the Light was brilliant.

My wife and I just finished season 2. Absolutely love it! In the first episode of the first season, a couple of times we only watched the first 10 minutes and couldn't get into it. It was only because of so many people saying it was great and after getting through that first episode we were hooked.

Hope to see a season 3!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:38 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

us 679 part trois wrote:
E.L. wrote:
My wife and I just finished season 2. Absolutely love it! In the first episode of the first season, a couple of times we only watched the first 10 minutes and couldn't get into it. It was only because of so many people saying it was great and after getting through that first episode we were hooked.
This is precisely where I am at with it. Have watched the first couple of episodes and having trouble getting into it. Everyone raving about it but it's a lot of mediocre dialogue between those two FBI agents. Maybe should just stick with it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:14 pm 

Logical Progression wrote:
us 679 part trois wrote:
E.L. wrote:
This is precisely where I am at with it. Have watched the first couple of episodes and having trouble getting into it. Everyone raving about it but it's a lot of mediocre dialogue between those two FBI agents. Maybe should just stick with it.

We were the same, and by the third episode we were hooked and couldn't get enough!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 57  Next