OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2021 Any Interest?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:12 pm 
King of Men

E.L. wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:
E.L. wrote:
Been riding Keller and Connor the whole second half lol. Only good parts of my team.

We are on the block this week sir! I will have to beat #1 and then #2 to get in....so we'll see. You have to beat Fogg this week and then you'll have Hudson's team in week 22.

I remembered to set my lineup, so at least I won't lose because of my own inaction. Not sure if I should dump Landeskog and Voracek, how bad are their injuries?

Don't know about Voracek but Landeskog goes in for knee surgery today so you can set him free.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:43 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

The Avs have said they are "hopeful" Landy is ready for the playoffs. I'm guessing he gets LTIR'd. No idea on Jake.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:57 pm 
King of Men

Pokecheque wrote:
The Avs have said they are "hopeful" Landy is ready for the playoffs. I'm guessing he gets LTIR'd. No idea on Jake.

Congrats it looks like you are the first team to clinch a spot in the post season tussle!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:03 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:
Congrats it looks like you are the first team to clinch a spot in the post season tussle!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:33 am 
King of Men

:argh: Ugh...not a good start for the week out of the Makers! Already in the hole by 60 points................Professor looking for the kill shot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:05 am 
King of Men

Week 21...Staying Alive!

Down all week and down Sunday morning by 40 points, somehow the Indifference Makers pull off a monumental comeback to post a .8 point victory over the #1 Glitz. I was already lamenting my playoff exit with Claude Giroux being held out and several untimely injuries. In a desperate attempt at anything the Makers took a chance, mid-week, on David Perron...with a huge payout. Blake Wheeler and Carter Hart showed up on Sunday and gave the Makers a 10 point cushion with 2 Nuckers still in play. Ultimately a huge effort out of Roman Jossi was not enough to deliver the kill shot on the makers. The Glitz falls out of the top spot but still remains playoff bound.

The indifferent ones kept the dream alive with a slumping Habless and still have a giant mountain to climb when they get the new champ Hounsy in the final week. The Montreal Blogger is hot on the final playoff berth as well.

Speaking of Habless, a terrible time to hit the skids as he attempted to hold onto the final playoff spot. Hudson gets some key contributions and downs an unusually lucky Habless team. 100 points in net for Hudson! Habless drops out of contention and gets the Glitz this week while Hudson is playing to save face against the Montreal blogger.

In a battle of Leaf lovers Hounsy upends Mr Wonderful. Solid team effort out of the Relaxers while the D left much to be desired out of the Bills. Hounsy's team is solid and deserving of that top spot. If he only had another solid goalie! Probably could have pinched one off his boy! It looks like Mr. Wonderful checked out this week as Shesterkin wasn't even started. Hopefully all is right in New England! With that win Hounsy also secures his berth to the post season. Congrats sir!

In the blowout of the week the Faithful paddle the absent Clown. The Faithful had a solid effort in net and a decent contribution out of McDavid and Evander Kane. The Sofa dwellers didn't offer much resistance. The Faithful move up to 4th but are still not out of the woods yet in the final week.

In the final matchup of week 21...the Paquettes also keep their dream alive and punt the Tookus. The Tookus team put up an even contribution with their highest point getter being Thatcher Demko. The Paquettes had 2 50 point guys in Ovechkin and Connor and a nice solid showing from the netminders. The Paquettes will look to get in against Hudson's team and they will need the Indifferent ones to lose or the Tookus.

Welcome to the final week 22 gents.

Only the top 2 teams Glitz and Relax are in.

Every game outside of Bills Vs Clowns is meaningful this week. Good Luck and enjoy Trade Deadline day!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:11 am 
King of Men

Week 22 The Final Week

The Indifference Makers charge to the playoffs comes up 4.3 points short in a disappointing end to their season. Despite remaining the league top point getter the Makers couldn't get it done enough during the season to make the playoffs. Looking for his second straight Sunday come from behind, it remained interesting right up until the last games. The Makers would have beat every other team in the league in Week 22 but them's the breaks! Hounsy claims the top spot in the League finishing number 1 after a slow start and gets a 1st round bye. Congrats Hounsy!

In perhaps a worse turn of events the Habless Ones complete their meltdown right out of the playoffs. In the beatdown of the week Glitz gave it his all looking for that top spot. The Habless ones had a fair showing out of their D and Forwards but were let down in net. Meanwhile Glitz was bolstered by the stellar netminding of Cam Talbot and a solid showing out of the D and Forwards. Habless joins the Makers on the sideline while the Professor joins Hounsy in a first round bye.

Like a fine plate of Poutine the Paquettes overcomes Hudson to jump from 7th into 5th and face Mr Wonderful in the first round. A real solid effort all up and down the lineup for the Paquettes over a game but preoccupied Hudson. Congrats on making that final push to our Habs correspondent! Always nice to see a Montreal boy get his due! At least one of our Habs fans gets some playoff time this year.

In a surprise upset and led by Johnny Hockey and Patrick Kane our MIA Clown beats Mr. Wonderful. Mr. Wonderful was led by Auston Matthews and Marner as he has been all year and a good waiver pickup with Andrew Kopp. The Bills are loaded to bear with Leafs and the Leafs recent goal tending struggles haven't been helping even though they have Shesterkin. Our resident therapist had the horses and probably would have run away with this league if he had been around. Hopefully he can participate next year or we will probably have to cut that team loose. The Bills will limp into a first round matchup with the Paquettes. Its Leafs or exit!

In our final matchup of the season we saw the Tookus and the Faithful going head to head to determine playoff positioning. This battle was also neck and neck going into Sundays games. The Faithful rode several great performances led by Matthew Tckachuk while the Tookus had a faily even contribution from his lineup. The Faithful come out victorious and jump to 3rd while the Tookus remains in 4th. They will meet again in the first round to determine who goes home! At least there is still some harmfuljays blood alive in the playoffs.

Thank you everyone for playing and being involved this year......this was extremely competitive and no one ran away with it this year. We may have to shave a few teams down next year to maintain our level if you guys are interested.

Good luck to all of those Playoff bound!

Remember to the playoff victor goes the Print!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:04 pm 

If this is how Cam Talbot goes out for my fantasy team...I really can't complain.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:37 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Sorry Dude was in my own battle for 1st so had to milk every point like I meant it last week.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:00 am 
King of Men

Just an FYI the price on these 18X24 Prints appears to have gone up by $20 (for Leafs and Habs) :roll: . Fortunately there is free shipping (within Canada it seems). I have an email into him to figure out if I can buy in USD and ship within CA (don't see why not). I also inquired about an Avalanche print... ;) I did ask if he would be willing to make an original piece for the Avs...so Professor you will have to check that price difference out and see if you'd be interested in the event you win. Or you could pick something else comparable.

https://jeremybresciani.myshopify.com/c ... 0982523457

Everyone should be covered except for the Professor. Leafs, Habitants, Bruins, Nucks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:14 pm 
King of Men

QF Round

In the QF round we saw the Leaf Heavy Buffalo Bills prevail over the Pick Paquettes. Mr. Wonderful brought the Leaf thunder and there just wasn't much the Paquettes could do despite Darcy Kuemper standing on his head and stand out performances from Forsling and Terrvainen. As the Leafs keep rolling so do the Bills. Fortunately in the Semis he will face his fellow Leaf lover in Hounsy. Only one Maple Leaf will remain standing! Good luck!

The other matchup featured a rematch of the final week. The Tookus led all week in a close affair until overtaken by the Faithful by 8 points. In what appears to be a management SNAFU the Tookus pays a price for setting and forgetting his lineup. Solid performances out of both clubs with both having a 70 pt plus scorer....70.4 out of Barkov for the Tookus and a whopping 84.10 points out of McDavid as he singlehandedly tries to will Edmonton into the playoffs. The Faithful's attention to quantity in Net appears to have paid off as he ends up with the 2nd place Professor and the Glitz in the second round.

The Print plot narrows into Leafs, Bruins or Avs.......the bro never responds to me so I guess we'll wait and see.

Good Luck in the Semis!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:01 pm 

Well...here we go. For my team I guess it'll come down to how much the Wylde want to play Cam Talbot for the remainder of the season as opposed to The Flower. Also, it'd be nice if Elvis and the Jackets finished at least halfway decent.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:49 am 
King of Men

Pokecheque wrote:
Well...here we go. For my team I guess it'll come down to how much the Wylde want to play Cam Talbot for the remainder of the season as opposed to The Flower. Also, it'd be nice if Elvis and the Jackets finished at least halfway decent.

My old man is riding McDavid hard but he also has a solid net. Going to be tough one regardless of what the anticipated scoring says.

Butch and that damn Auston Matthews has already opened up a huge lead on Hounsy but Hounsy has 10 games in hand.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:40 am 
King of the One-Liner

So help me if I lose to a homer with 6 leafs in his line up. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:00 pm 
Big in Japan

Sigh rode the Clayton Keller wave as long as I could...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:29 am 
King of Men

Ouch.....Hounsy is getting downright smoked by Mr. Wonderful......Leafs are on fire!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:51 am 
King of the One-Liner

harmfuljays wrote:
Ouch.....Hounsy is getting downright smoked by Mr. Wonderful......Leafs are on fire!

My guys also tanked last week to make it worse. lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:52 am 
Big in Japan

I am 5th.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 11:01 am 
King of Men

The Final is upon is.

Here we go its Mr. Wonderful Vs the Professor.

which introduces a unique wrinkle since there are no Avs prints.

It was a good show out of the Faithful putting up over 500 points but just not enough to overcome the Glitz.

The relaxers were demolished by the Matthews/Marner connection from Mr. Wonderful.

The Faithful and Relaxers will work it out for 3rd/4th.

The Paquettes secure the 5th place which is where they ended up anyway in the regular season and the Tookus takes 6th. The Makers continue to claw for scraps against Hudson for 7th and Habless Ones look to descend all the way to the basement against the clown.

My team is ravaged with injuries right now and I barely overcame our therapist myself.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:56 am 
King of Men

Well not a lot of intrigue as we march into the final day of the championship. Mr Wonderful has a large lead and looks to drive the dagger home with a Leafs game today. Going to need a herculean effort out of a rather pedestrian offering of Easter players on the Glitz.

In the meantime....somehow the Makers continue to draw teams putting up their best effort at all times. Go Hudson!

The Habless ones look to avoid the basement plunge against the non playing clowns

And the Faithful look for a little resurrection in order to rise above the Relaxers.

Happy Easter if that's your type of thing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next