(Generation III)
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 am 
2 Legit 2 Quit

13utchy wrote:
Thanks for the quick payment Hammers!

Traded / dropped keepers:
Any traded keeper or waiver-wire acquired keeper will still be subject to move up 3 rounds if the new organization elects to keep the player the following season. If a keeper is dropped & passes through waivers unclaimed & is then picked up at a later time & kept, his compensatory value will move to the bottom of the draft

PK has been a keeper dating back to when he was drafted by "Puck U" in 2012 (that team was then taken over by Canucklehead, whom held on to PK, until trading him to you).

So his compensatory pick would be your 1st rounder.

The kicker on this; if you are also keeping someone like Stamkos and/or Crosby, they will move up to the next available slot, (provided you didn't trade away that draft pick). So you could keep Crosby, Stamkos & PK with your 1st, 2nd & 3rd picks if you like.

Got it, thx. I am going to stick with PK as a first rounder.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:23 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

Dammit - missed the draft again! Also apparently didn't save my final pre-draft rankings which is why some of my early picks may look strange (like Auston Matthews over Jamie Benn - 'doh!). It's all good though with only 8 teams this year there should be some excitement on the waiver wire and team looks pretty good other than a couple missed opportunities at the top and goalies will be a scramble. If Letang stays healthy this year my defense will be absolutely epic.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:27 pm 
King of Men

Woe be the Auto Draft!

My team sucks donkey balls! There are a few stacked teams....mine is stacked with over rated and over the hill has beens! Justin Williams! Marian Hossa! Rick Nash! Spezza! Chara! Marleau! Its a veritable who's who of past their prime turds. I need to change the team name to the Westminster Washed Ups!

The waiver wire is more sparse than I thought it was going to be. Eh whatever....enjoy the 50 donation again.

And that's a no on the traveling cup.

:kraken:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:30 pm 

Auto draft can be punishing! Sorry about the time slot; didn't know you were unavail.

We have 2 teams participating that are not on OTP (Canuckleheads & United in Red). This is their 2nd or 3rd seasons, but still .... They were reassigned teams after "Puck U" (the dude that bitched about non-snaking drafts) left & then the other one I believe is Tuzers old team?

I've been beyond busy so I didn't have a chance to try to build this up to 10 to 12 teams again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:14 am 
King of Men

No worries, I am almost used to having a shitty team in this league anyway. I was out picking up a new road bike. I got some joker with Ovechkin, Pavelski, James Neal and a host of other badasses trying to commiserate with me! He's not touching my f'n cup....offer removed!

I guess the only shitty thing is that there a bunch of dudes I'd like to swap out but I can't because I've reached my 3 per week limit. Guess I'll just wait until next week. Hopefully the bros that I do want aren't gone.

With the failure to keep Pastrnak I have maybe 2 kids (Mackinnon and Parayko) that may be worthy next year. That doesn't bode well for a dynasty league manager in his 10th year...........I suppose I understand this league as much as Hounsy understood the other one!

At least I paid early this time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:28 pm 
2 Legit 2 Quit

It is weird how bad their auto draft rankings are. We should propose that they outsource that function to OTP.org and then we split the $$$$$.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:39 pm 
King of Men

Probably my least interesting and less entertaining fantasy year yet. I won't participate next year because honestly Yahoo is just boring now. Looks like that random Sens dude has plenty of folks to fill slots in this one anyway.

Good luck...hopefully Craig can take it all again.

If I find a new Hockey Fantasy site to try perhaps I'll resurrect the Cup League.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:58 pm 

Anyone interested in taking over this monster?

:wookie:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:23 am 
Big in Japan

13utchy wrote:
Anyone interested in taking over this monster?

:wookie:

I wish I had the time to do these pools. I used to enjoy them a lot. I guess this is what getting old is like.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:38 am 
2 Legit 2 Quit

OK but if we ever resurrect the league I want my keeper list back :clint: ! We had a good run, I enjoyed the OTP MONEY League.