OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: 2014 MLB season
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:31 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Opening Day!

Ryan Braun gets a standing O because who doesn't like a lying, cheating dirtbag?

Anyhow, definitely gonna get out to Coors Field to watch my Rockies. Not because I think they'll do good this year, but because that new deck bar is gonna have Rio margaritas (for those who don't know, they're made with grain alcohol and few can drink more than two) and all kinds of beer on tap! Guaranteed we see at least one fool go toppling over the railing.

Post subject: Re: 2014 MLB season
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:29 am 
OTP Historian

Adam Lind is in full beard mode apparently. Awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:09 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Dear God Adam Lind is still a Blue Jay too? Do they get rid of any of their mediocre guys?

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:28 am 
OTP Historian

saskhab wrote:
Dear God Adam Lind is still a Blue Jay too? Do they get rid of any of their mediocre guys?

His contract was really reasonable when it was signed, but he subsequently bombed and wasn't platooned properly. Once they finally did that, he's been effective and can more than earn his salary($5 mil or so). He started to hit a lot better near the end of 2012.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:26 pm 
King of Men

Awkward.....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:36 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

yeesh.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:47 am 

Fun moment last night watching the Yankees game with my father & daughters. Yankees turned a triple play. Best part? It wasn't the billion dollar infield of A-roid, Jeter, Cano & Texeira. It was several replacement guys. Solarte, a 27 year old rookie, started it at 3rd, throwing to re-tread Brian Roberts at second, who threw to re-tread Scott Sizemore, playing his first ever game at 1st base. Jeter was on the field, but merely watched since the ball was hit to 3rd.
It was my older daughter who yelled after a stunned silence "TRIPLE PLAAAAAAY!" I hadn't even been sure Solarte had stepped on 3rd. Then my father told my daughters how rare a triple play is in general, and that I'd once turned an unassisted triple play in little league, and explained how I'd done it. Pretty cool to see my kids stare at me in amazement.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:20 am 
Rebel Sell + Moneyball = Life

Chris18 wrote:
It was my older daughter who yelled after a stunned silence "TRIPLE PLAAAAAAY!" I hadn't even been sure Solarte had stepped on 3rd. Then my father told my daughters how rare a triple play is in general, and that I'd once turned an unassisted triple play in little league, and explained how I'd done it. Pretty cool to see my kids stare at me in amazement.

I pulled an unassisted triple play playing softball in high school Phys Ed class once. (Blows on fingernails, rubs on shirt).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:02 pm 

Jyrki21 wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

I pulled an unassisted triple play playing softball in high school Phys Ed class once. (Blows on fingernails, rubs on shirt).

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:51 pm 
Big in Japan

Instant replay is fucking awful.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:32 pm 

E.L. wrote:
Instant replay is fucking awful.

Yup.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:19 pm 
OTP Historian

Pujols hits homers number 499 and 500, and now leads MLB in homers with 8 as well as leading the AL in slg%. Here's hoping his plantar fasciitis has finally been fixed with last season's surgery and he goes back to his old ways...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:20 am 

Oh Michael Pineda. What the hell were you thinking? Probably 80% of MLB pitchers use pine tar or something slippery to get better breaking stuff. But on your neck? That shit looked like part of a fruit roll-up stuck to his neck. How dumb could you be? And the Red Sox broadcast team called him out last time they played, and Girardi pretended he had no idea... If you're going to cheat, cheat wisely.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:28 am 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:
Oh Michael Pineda. What the hell were you thinking? Probably 80% of MLB pitchers use pine tar or something slippery to get better breaking stuff. But on your neck? That shit looked like part of a fruit roll-up stuck to his neck. How dumb could you be? And the Red Sox broadcast team called him out last time they played, and Girardi pretended he had no idea... If you're going to cheat, cheat wisely.

And if you watch video it's obvious...just right on the side of his neck :lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:44 pm 

US Olympic hockey player Meghan Duggan decided to have some fun at her first pitch ceremony in Boston.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:10 am 

Ah Ms. Duggan, that was comedic go, err, silver. Comedic silver.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:08 pm 
OTP Historian

Chris18 wrote:

Nice.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:46 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Nice.

Thanks. I try.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:05 pm 
OTP Historian

Paul Clemens and Bo Porter are idiots.

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2014/4/25/5 ... rules-bunt

Quote:
The Astros employed a shift because they wanted to prevent runners from reaching base, but then they got upset when Lowrie wanted to reach base.

Funnier:
Quote:
So let me get this straight...
They try to keep him from getting on base. He tries hard to get on base. They are upset that he tried so hard (and failed). So as a “punishment” they give him a free pass to first base TWICE.

So to summarize. Astros upset opposing player attempts to reach base. In anger they put him on for free. Twice. Dammit Astros. You can’t even get mad correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:41 pm 

:laap:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next