OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:42 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
They're putting Mark Messier in the ring of honour? :roll: :fffffuck:

Either you fell for April Fools or you're trying to fool us.

lol, I bet you're right...............thank god............ :lol:

https://canucksarmy.com/news/vancouver- ... -of-honour

I didn't even both reading to the bottom, I was so incensed............. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:56 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Seriously? You fell for THAT?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:17 pm 

Pokecheque wrote:
Seriously? You fell for THAT?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know right :P I was just so instantly angered, I couldn't think straight. I could have gone and deleted it and Bosc's post after to save face but I kinda think I lost most credibility on here a long time ago some might as well let my dumb shit flag fly openly in the breeze. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:24 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Fogghorn wrote:
I know right :P I was just so instantly angered, I couldn't think straight. I could have gone and deleted it and Bosc's post after to save face but I kinda think I lost most credibility on here a long time ago some might as well let my dumb shit flag fly openly in the breeze. ;)

Well I appreciate you leaving it up for our amusement. :lol: Lord knows I've been the butt end of a more than a couple jokes in this community.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:40 pm 
Vegemite Enthusiast

Haha, that is too funny!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:57 pm 

Silovs is in tonight vs LV. Although his year has not been quite as good as last year in the AHL its still been solid. He's also had two steady wins since being called up to the Canuck's. If he gets another good win tonight I'd say he should be considered next as next years backup to Demko and possibly even his back up in the playoffs.

Canucks seem to be in a good spot for goal tending. Tolopilo has come out of no where and performed as well as Silovs this year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:23 am 

Silovs was okay. Nuff said.

Canuck's had lost 5 in a row vs playoff bound teams. Was nice to see them get the come from behind win. Once again it was the Hughes show. The guy should win the Norris easily but will probably lose to Makar, cause you know small guys are not good at defence. And common narratives are always right.

JT Miller at age 31 hits 100 points for the first time in his career. Aren't players at his age supposed to be in decline? There was a interesting stat last week that popped up during a game. Over the last two years, of the players who have 400 hits and 100 blocks only JT Miller had over 20 goals (he had 67). He plays the game of a fast grinding 3rd or 4th line player with hands of a top 10 point producer.

Boeser gets 40 goals. Great and worrisome at the same time. His production for the first 30 games of the season was at a pace nearly 200% more than the last 40 games.

Garland hits 400 games, and gets 2 goals for a career 100 games. The fans were chanting his name for goal 100 and after the game concluded.

These 3 are interesting in the amount of negativity they've experienced in the past. Miller has received a lot of grief from fans in the past for slacking off on his defense plus he was kept over Horvat and that didn't sit well at first. Boeser had serious rumours last year about being traded, was even sat out for a game, and asked for a trade, and Garland was apparently looking for a trade at the beginning of the season. Lots of love flowing their way now, watching Garland looking like at teenage boy being all embarrassed about the attention was pretty fun.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:20 pm 

Garland looks so awkwardly uncomfortable with fans chanting his name. Kinda of adorable. :D

https://canucksarmy.com/news/conor-garl ... areer-game

Quote:
Garland explained those feelings with his signature wry personality in the locker room afterwards.

“I might go down as the worst player ever to have their their name chanted in a stadium,” Garland joked.”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:52 pm 

Cory Schneider being interviewed on this and that. It's the last comment that intrigued me, I'd never thought of it but as I do I think he might be right.

https://canucksarmy.com/news/blackfish- ... ur-preview

He's speaking about the Bruins-Vancouver final

Quote:
And I just don’t think you see the bad blood nowadays like you did 10-15 years ago. I mean, to me, in my opinion, that was the last real ‘sports hate’ Stanley Cup Final.”

So nothing compared imo to say Quebec vs Montreal, but you also have Rags vs Isles, Wings vs Avs, Bruins vs Habs but that great hatred of rivals does seem to me to be a thing of the past.

What do you all think, has there been a SC final since 2011 where the hatred ran as deep as between these two. Are there any real good inter conference hatreds still happening? Calgary vs Edmonton and Rags vs Isles come to mind but even these seem pretty tempered compared to what the rivalries were 20 or 30 years ago. I mean they dislike each other sure, but do they truly hate each other?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:05 pm 

https://canucksarmy.com/news/what-noah- ... -vancouver

So Hanafin signs for $7.35 mil for 8 years. This is concerning for the Nucks as Hronek will be looking for more than that. His offensive numbers are better, and his defensive analytics are quite a bit stronger. Have to figure $8-8.5 million annually, for 8 years.

It worries me as his analytics show he has hugely benefited from playing beside Quinn Hughes. He's definitely okay on the defensive side of the game, but he's not excellent. Seems like a lot of money for him but he's a better player than Hanafin and a year younger. Signing a 26 year old to an 8 year contract is a heck of a lot better than a 28 year old FA. A dman can still be really good a 32-34 years of age towards the end of the contract. Most 34-36 year olds are getting to be pretty marginal by that age.

It also mean Hughes gets an absolutely massive term when his contract runs out...........like $12 million easily.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:47 pm 

Kuzmenko with 13 goals in 26 games with Flames, plus 9 assists. Plus the first round pick, plus RHD Brzzzzz who is at least a B+ level prospect for a Lindholm rental.

First this is on Tocchet. Yes Kuzmenko needed to learn to play a different style here then what he had in the KHL but Tocchet should also have adapted for his transition to NHL. I'd feel a lot better with the Nucks in playoffs if Kuzmenko was on EP40's wing.

Lindholm has had a wrist injury, its hampered his play but still a 100% Kuzmenko with a year on his contract is worth a 100% Lindholm soon to be FA.

The outcome of this trade is not decided yet. If the Nucks can make it to the conference final and Lindholm contributes this is a plus deal for the Nucks. Unless of course the pick and prospect thrive then its a big loss.

To me I think the Nucks have a 5 year window, it was too soon in that window to be giving up that pick and prospect. They would have been fine if Tocchet had found a way to work with Kuzmenko's short comings.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:47 am 

Lafferty, Suter, Joshua with 3 goals for the win. Now that's secondary scoring.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:22 am 
Vegemite Enthusiast

So it's almost done... sweeping the oilers is pretty sweet regardless of the circumstances.

So many decisions to make in the offseason but really just want to focus on the playoffs, they can't keep this team together, too many FA's. I firmly believe they should try and get Joshua signed before the playoffs if they can, to save some coin, cause I reckon he's going to be a beast!

That said we actually have decent prospects to fill some of those roles. Just not his

Does DeSmith stay?

Hronek is next on my list, scares me to say but I'm so much more confident in this management group, guess it was a pretty low bar though.
Playoff performance could have so much influence on who we decide to keep too. I'm so excited!

scared me the other night when I realised I wasn't sure what the playoff format was any more cause it had been that long since we were in, aside from the covid cup.

Think I'd rather play Nashville than LA even with the travel.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:29 am 

The western conference is so tough. Any of the 8 teams could win the conference. So if they are all the same in difficulty I'd prefer the Preds or Vegas over LA. LA is so boring.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:59 pm 
Big in Japan

Noted goofball Chris Higgins will be moving from player development to the content department as a multimedia creator. Weird!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:54 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
https://canucksarmy.com/news/what-noah-hanifin-contract-extension-filip-hronek-vancouver

So Hanafin signs for $7.35 mil for 8 years. This is concerning for the Nucks as Hronek will be looking for more than that. His offensive numbers are better, and his defensive analytics are quite a bit stronger. Have to figure $8-8.5 million annually, for 8 years.

It worries me as his analytics show he has hugely benefited from playing beside Quinn Hughes. He's definitely okay on the defensive side of the game, but he's not excellent. Seems like a lot of money for him but he's a better player than Hanafin and a year younger. Signing a 26 year old to an 8 year contract is a heck of a lot better than a 28 year old FA. A dman can still be really good a 32-34 years of age towards the end of the contract. Most 34-36 year olds are getting to be pretty marginal by that age.

It also mean Hughes gets an absolutely massive term when his contract runs out...........like $12 million easily.

So Fogghorn, what is your handle on CanucksArmy? I’m a regular poster there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:55 pm 

V H F wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
https://canucksarmy.com/news/what-noah-hanifin-contract-extension-filip-hronek-vancouver

I tend to avoid the comments. The asshat % is just too high for me.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:03 am 

Fogghorn wrote:
V H F wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

I have about 10 of those blocked which makes it much better. There are a handful of high quality posters there that keep me engaged, and I like to keep the writers on their toes too!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:43 am 
Vegemite Enthusiast

E.L. wrote:
Noted goofball Chris Higgins will be moving from player development to the content department as a multimedia creator. Weird!

Hopefully it's entertaining. They need that

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:33 pm 

VHF wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
V H F wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:

I have about 10 of those blocked which makes it much better. There are a handful of high quality posters there that keep me engaged, and I like to keep the writers on their toes too!

are you "Alex H" on canucks army?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next