OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:41 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Av-merican wrote:
Logical Progression wrote:
Precisely. This bias is quite evident. Well enjoy those Luongo quips!

Well you can hardly blame me, Greg. :lol: This has nothing to do with Bertuzzi, just the fact the Canucks have pretty much owned the Avs for most of the AV/Gillis era. For the record, I don't think I come in here to bash them on a regular basis. I'd like to think I'd still enjoy the pot shots he's taking even if I was a Canucks fan, but I can't say that for sure. Whatever the case, I still get a kick out of his stuff...most of it isn't leveled at the Canucks in any event.
Tha Canuck plight is all your fault Tom. :lol:

No seriously - I used to love all that stuff and really like Luongo - have met him a few times in person and think he's a great guy. I don't even mind the shots he takes at the Canucks or the organization. They are all still buddies afterall (save Gillis). And it's all done in good fun - his last comment wasn't really even a cheap shot. Frankly Twitter saved his public image.

I'm just getting sort of tired of the whole social media twitter frenzy in general -- like, look at me! I'm funny - I'm a clown. :toot:

Twitter humanizes stars and athletes which is a good thing but the novelty will eventually run it's course - it's just more 'meh' to me now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:50 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Tha Canuck plight is all your fault Tom. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:29 pm 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Well off to Rogers Arena to watch my last live regular season game against the Ducks.

No false hopes for this fan but I sure am going to enjoy watching the boys play live - particularly if they play like they did Sat against LA.

Go Nucks Go! :beer:

I wonder what the 50/50 is at?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:36 pm 
OTP Historian

I've long been a big fan of Luongo, back to his days of being an awesome goalie on horrible Florida teams. Dude handled the whole mess in Vancouver as professionally as anyone could have and has a great sense of humour. Love his self-deprecating style too. His tweets are fun and hopefully he keeps them coming. I'm glad to see that you've met him and seems like a great guy, he seems genuine and I hope he is.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:53 pm 
The Bird is the Word, yet the Word ≥ the Bird

Bosc wrote:
I'm glad to see that you've met him and seems like a great guy, he seems genuine and I hope he is.
Yeah, he's pretty reserved laid back guy. He picked up the tab at the bar we were at -- like for the entire team, including myself and a friend I was with. Met him through Willie Mitchell who has invested in my friend's restaurant group. I tried to pull out my credit card and he was like, 'Don't worry, I got this. You obviously don't know how much money hockey players make.' :rimcrash:

True story...good guy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:02 pm 
OTP Historian

Bosc wrote:
I'm glad to see that you've met him and seems like a great guy, he seems genuine and I hope he is.
Yeah, he's pretty reserved laid back guy. He picked up the tab at the bar we were at -- like for the entire team, including myself and a friend I was with. Met him through Willie Mitchell who has invested in my friend's restaurant group. I tried to pull out my credit card and he was like, 'Don't worry, I got this. You obviously don't know how much money hockey players make.' :rimcrash:

True story...good guy.

Nice. Read a story about Stamkos still playing softball with buddies and one of them said that he's still the exact same guy. You wouldn't know he's got tons of money, but he says he does things like buying the team new uniforms, or grabbing the tab after the game.