OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:04 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

https://cms.nhl.bamgrid.com/images/assets/binary/335302636/binary-file/file.pdf

14 sets of back to back games. But no breaks of more than 3 days between games. That should help.

Barzal spoke about last year. He said the 13 game road trip (5-6-2) wasn't too bad, but having a covid outbreak when heading home from that trip was awful. He said he expects the Isles to be a lot better this year. As if he's going to say anything else... Also thanked Trotz but said they're looking forward to Lambert as HC. Onward. :viking:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:34 pm 

Depending on your outlook, the Isles marketing dept is either a bunch of petty assholes who can't let things go, or pretty brilliant trolls. They're doing 8 bobbleheads this year as promotions- all from the Dynasty era. Bossy's bobblehead night being vs the Habs is really cool, since he's from Montreal. But the one I'm looking at is March 21. Butch Goring night (aka the retired Islanders #91) vs... the Maple Leafs. That's pretty funny. I think a lot of Isles fans are in the same boat as me after 4 years, of certainly not forgiving Tavares for how he left, but definitely not going out of our way to hate on him. But this is some grade A trolling by the marketing dept in my opinion. :lol: :Butch:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:25 am 

Game 1, home opener tonight vs the retooled Panthers. I'm sure I'll hate Matthew Tkachuk by 9 PM EDT.

Bring on the season! :viking:

Lines from this morning's practice:

Parise-Barzal-Palmieri
Lee-Nelson-Beauvillier
Bellows-Pageau-Bailey
Martin-Cizikas-Soshnikov

Clutterbuck is on IR. Wahlstrom is hurt but skating. Nice to see Bellows in though. They've told him to shoot a lot more. With Pageau and Bailey (Mr. secondary assist himself) he should get lots of chances.

I still don't understand why they're against having Barzal and Beauvillier on the same line. I know Parise "plays the right way" but Beauvillier and Barzal have shown good chemistry in the past.

No word on D pairings, but I'd expect either
Pelech-Pulock
Romanov-Dobson
Salo-Mayfield

or if they want to break up the kids
Pelech-Dobson
Romanov-Pulock
Salo-Mayfield

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:00 am 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Chris18 wrote:
Game 1, home opener tonight vs the retooled Panthers. I'm sure I'll hate Matthew Tkachuk by 9 PM EDT.

Soooo do you hate Mathew Tkachuk. :chairshot:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:11 am 

Scott 679 wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Soooo do you hate Mathew Tkachuk. :chairshot:

Hate might be a strong word but I definitely hope he gets explosive diarrhea while stuck in traffic.

I missed most of the third due to an old man game (I can say that about my own games now and avoid confusion, since Chara and Greene retired). Isles played well but couldn’t get many rebound chances. Nice to see Bailey shooting. PP still sucks donkey but looked improved.

Pretty rough to finally score to tie it up then give up the go ahead goal before their own was even announced. :roll:

Ducks on Saturday. I’ll probably miss it due to a kids game conflict.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:14 pm 

Game 2. 7-1 win over Ducks. They hadn’t scored 7 in 103 games. Lambert’s first win as a head coach.
2 goals each from mayfield and Salo. When your third D pair each net two, you know it’s going to be a good game. Dobson also scored. 6 of 8 goals so far are from the D.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:11 am 

Game 3 vs the 0-4 Sharks tonight. Sounds like a trap game if ever there was one.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:45 pm 

5-2 win over sharks. All goals from forwards. Wahlstrom with two. Yay!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:23 am 

Isles host Shannon Hogan had on an... interesting necklace last night. As soon as she appeared on TV I started laughing, while feeling childish. I turned to my wife to say something about it when she said "why does she have on a dicklace?" I said it looked liked the Dickly Hallows symbol. Obviously other people thought all of this too, because a little later the necklace was hidden and the broadcasters were laughing. Shannon Hogan has a sense of humor (and maybe her mother does as well?): https://mobile.twitter.com/Shannon_Hogan/status/1582530485351518208 Of course, people posted photos if you scroll down.

Between that and the probably fake shirtless proposal rejection, Isles games are a lot more interesting this year. In weird ways.

Isles host the Devils on Thursday.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:57 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Chris18 wrote:
Isles host Shannon Hogan had on an... interesting necklace last night. As soon as she appeared on TV I started laughing, while feeling childish. I turned to my wife to say something about it when she said "why does she have on a dicklace?" I said it looked liked the Dickly Hallows symbol. Obviously other people thought all of this too, because a little later the necklace was hidden and the broadcasters were laughing. Shannon Hogan has a sense of humor (and maybe her mother does as well?): https://mobile.twitter.com/Shannon_Hogan/status/1582530485351518208 Of course, people posted photos if you scroll down.

Between that and the probably fake shirtless proposal rejection, Isles games are a lot more interesting this year. In weird ways.

Isles host the Devils on Thursday.

What the fuuuuuuuu...how could she not know!!!????

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:07 pm 

I'm guessing if you looked at it up close, your eyes frame it in a different context. Its when we stand back, especially on that blue blouse background that we see it like that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:09 pm 

Rumor has it that when the isles scored the elongated section rose. Nobody knows why. iiam:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:13 pm 

FISHSTICKS ARE BACK, BABY!

https://eyesonisles.com/posts/it-s-baaa ... gfqzmcaf45

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:23 am 

Pokecheque wrote:

I knew this was coming and I still hate it more than I can explain. It's not just a stupid design that brings (well deserved) ridicule. It's a time stamp for when the team sucked, had the lowest payroll in the league, and did all they could to cut salary and make money. The rebrand was simply a way to raise money through the hope of jersey/merch sales. It didn't sell well. The "focus group" approving the design was one of the owners showing his two sons- 11 and 13 years old. They liked it, so off it went to production! :chairshot: It was designed by a Manhattan based firm, and many Islanders fans have said over the years that the designer was a Ranger fan, who purposely made it horrible. I have no idea if that's true, but it certainly is horrible.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, the fisherman should have his anchor line tied around his neck and thrown into the deepest part of the Atlantic. Ranger fans had just about given up on the "we want fishsticks" chant. This will bring it back in full force. So if anyone is happy about this move, it's Ranger fans. When your rival is happy about your marketing move, you know you fucked up. To bring it back is really dumb, no matter how many irony-loving hipsters remaining from your short stint in Brooklyn think it's cool and retro to have the "new" jersey.

The fisherman- fuck that guy!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:29 pm 

I've posted this elsewhere, so I'll say it here as well.

I would prefer a jersey with Shannon Hogan's dick necklace over the fisherman.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:13 pm 

Attachment:
Ziggy.png
Ziggy.png [ 128.71 KiB | Viewed 1225 times ]

Less hate, more love, Chris.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:37 pm 

As I've always said, the only people on the planet whose sexuality I care about are my wife's and mine. If Palffy and Green were a couple, that's fine with me. The only offensive/embarrassing things in that pic are the jerseys.

But the fisherman has nothing to do with sexuality and should be buried beneath toxic waste.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:05 pm 

So it begins... the curse of the fisherman.

4-1 totally lifeless loss to the Devils. Lee scored the only goal after it was too late. Sorokin was the only Islander who looked ready for this game. Everyone else looked like they wanted someone else to play hard for them.

Wahlstrom hit in the finger with a shot, bending the finger back big time. Never hang your loose hand with the palm out. No padding and the finger will get bent backwards if hit, like it did.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:23 pm 
Big in Japan

How's Romanov?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:38 am 

E.L. wrote:
How's Romanov?

I like him. Hits a lot, which is something they’ve needed. Mayfield can’t be the only one hitting.
He’s not great in the O-Zone but that’s why he’s paired with Dobson, who is. They’re a bit young to be a pair in my opinion. I’d prefer to see Pelech-Dobson and Romanov-Pulock but they’re not terrible. Some young guy mistakes. Nothing too costly so far though.

Isles head to Fl to play the Bolts Saturday and Panthers Sunday. 2-4 here they come!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 263 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next