OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:09 am 
King of Men

This about sums it up......probably the most entertaining part of that final. Good for Canada as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:22 am 
OTP Historian

That was a crazy run by Montreal. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it even if it didn't end in a Cup. Sorry, friends.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:43 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

That was an incredible run and totally exceeded my expectations. All that blood, sweat and hard work to lose at the end. However Tampa was by far the better team and congratulations to them. :beer:

Looking forward to next season and getting our regular divisions back and great rivalries hopefully brewing again. I'm looking at you Bruins and Tampa.

Congrats to the Bolts!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 5:58 pm 

harmfuljays wrote:

This about sums it up......probably the most entertaining part of that final. Good for Canada as well.

Got no respect for a guy who does this kind of trash talk to fans after skipping the season.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:14 pm 

Damn....

https://montrealgazette.com/pmn/sports-pmn/canadiens-f-brendan-gallagher-finds-home-robbed-after-stanley-cup-loss/wcm/1a0291e8-eb77-49b3-95ad-cfc01452b572

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:24 pm 
King of Men

BCG wrote:
harmfuljays wrote:

Got no respect for a guy who does this kind of trash talk to fans after skipping the season.

Even though I think the guy is kind of a putz (and I don't think he cares what we think of him) I kind of like a drunk AF Russian keeping it real. The fans need to relax....they are trash talking the whole season to all teams and players, along with the trashy media....its good to see a player get up there and talk some shit back without all the empty PC respect. Is it classy? Hell no.....but its good entertainment. Maybe if they had started that kind of shit talking early the final would have been more entertaining.

I, personally, don't enjoy a non-competitive final like this. Takes the steam out of the playoffs. Thankfully the off-season is short.

Level of play aside, in the grand scheme of things I suppose its good for Canadian Hockey and good for the Habs. Hopefully this club can be keep it going and continue the upward increasing trend of competitiveness. I look forward to re-igniting my past loathing! :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:38 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Heh heh, I don't mind that. We all know any sport thrives on its villains, and Tampa has tacitly acknowledged they have that rep throughout the league--so a shirtless Kucherov going full wrestling shitheel is pure entertainment to me. He obviously will rightfully be getting it from the Habs and their fans next season, but he apparently doesn't care.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:12 pm 
Big in Japan

I thought it was hilarious, and Kucherov walked the walk and talked the talk. He was awesome in the playoffs (after skipping the season, mind you).

The league needs more Kucherovs, not less. Tampa wants that target on their back.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:36 pm 

You're right guys - I actually do like that kind of talk. Boxing was great at it back in the day. UFC chirping seems kinda fake to me, but I don't watch it much. It's also way better than the Public Relations crap modern hockey players learn.

But the NHL pretends to be different with all its talk about playing the "right" way. It's what caused me to stop watching. Subban was always off base and not the "right" way while Roenick was "outspoken", and Kucherov et al are AOK. Either make trash-talking and showboating okay, or don't. Like most things in the NHL - inconsistency reigns supreme.

Regardless - I won't ever agree to some fool trash talking the people responsible for the small fortune that they make for playing a kids game. Trash talk each other, but not fans celebrating. That's not only classless but the height of being a spoiled entitled shithead imo. Throw a dig at Drouin for not wanting to part of that championship team and whatever. But dissing fans celebrating after all this Covid crap was low and self-centered - even if you're drunk. That wasn't an good excuse for Mel Gibson.

Pokecheque wrote:
Heh heh, I don't mind that. We all know any sport thrives on its villains, and Tampa has tacitly acknowledged they have that rep throughout the league--so a shirtless Kucherov going full wrestling shitheel is pure entertainment to me. He obviously will rightfully be getting it from the Habs and their fans next season, but he apparently doesn't care.

True that. Fans love their villains and the NHL is obliging. Players are more friends than even frenemies, so I guess it makes sense to go this route.