OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:38 pm 
Big in Japan

Bosc wrote:
Quote:
"Not here." - Oilers winger Ryan Jones, when asked where he'll be playing next year

I think the Oilers feel the same way.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:27 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

I guess Ryan Smyth is definitely hanging 'em up after this season.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2014/04/10/o ... n-edmonton

I actually thought he played really well for the Avs, it's just that the team had finally run out of time. Formed two of the slowest scoring lines I've ever seen in Smyth-Sakic-Brunette and Smyth-Stastny-Tucker. :lol: The latter was actually quite effective for a time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:35 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I thought he'd hang around another 2 years, whether he should or not. He had a nose for the net, no matter how many times it had been broken.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:20 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
I thought he'd hang around another 2 years, whether he should or not. He had a nose for the net, no matter how many times it had been broken.

He was pretty much done once the Kings cut him loose. Playing a style like that can wear on a body.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:45 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

I didn't say I thought he was still good. Just that I thought he'd play two more years. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:46 pm 
Big in Japan

Belov bolts for the KHL. Reason? Take a guess ...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 01758.html

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:21 pm 

http://stats.nhlnumbers.com/teams/EDM?year=2014

That's it? That's all the shit Edmonton gets to scrape off their shoe this offseason? Yikes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:20 pm 

Well this is interesting: The Oilers will concede a 5th rounder if they succeed in signing Nikita Nikitin, but if not, they lose nothing. The 5th rounder in question is the one the Blue Jackets gave up to rent Nick Schultz.

http://www.theoilersrig.com/2014/06/oil ... ns-rights/

Nikitin's a pretty good puckmover from what I hear, this could be a good signing for the Oilers. Certainly can't hurt since their D may actually be worse than Colorado's.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:19 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

http://cartoon-machine.com/2014/07/16/o ... rts-jokes/

A bleak look into the Oilers future, circa 2031. If you look at a close-up of the jersey it still brags about having won five Stanley Cups.

Klima cartoon roughly translated: "My helmet was given to me by God. My helmet protects me. God saves me!"

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:21 am 

Yeesh...http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/tkac ... inelgible/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:48 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

Av-merican wrote:

Already the third guy who teams couldn't sign due to this rule. You'd think they'd learn by now. Previous two were Thomas Hyka when he was invited to Flyers camp and impressed (next year was drafted by LA), then last year was Aussie Nathan Walker who the Caps couldn't sign after his impressive camp but drafted after having him play for Hershey the following year.

Just for reference, here's who the Oilers picked in the 7th Round last year:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=151165

Off to a roaring start to his season with a .719 SV%.

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:37 am 
King of the One-Liner

Watched just the highlights of last nights game but that D looks scary bad for one game and can not handle an ounce of forecheck, coughing the puck up when the check is still ten feet away and not even closing fast. Maybe they will ignore it and just blame the goalie again...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:13 pm 
OTP Historian

They outshot the shit out of the Flames too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:31 pm 

Hounsy wrote:
Watched just the highlights of last nights game but that D looks scary bad for one game and can not handle an ounce of forecheck, coughing the puck up when the check is still ten feet away and not even closing fast. Maybe they will ignore it and just blame the goalie again...

Twitter was full of "The Oilers have had the Corsi advantage and are still losing WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT DELLOW" types of posts, as if one game completely obliterates mountains of data that say otherwise. :lol:

Kinda sad that the Flames, despite what the fancy stats said last night, look much better even on paper than the Oilers do. Hell, they might've ended up with the better Ducks castoff goalie. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:00 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Av-merican wrote:
Hounsy wrote:

Twitter was full of "The Oilers have had the Corsi advantage and are still losing WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT DELLOW" types of posts, as if one game completely obliterates mountains of data that say otherwise. :lol:

Quality of shots still matters and for one night anyway the Flames where getting all day in good spots to T it up. Looks like Eakins brought the swarm defense from Toronto and to make matters worse two guys where trying to be the third guy in at the same time. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:14 pm 

Are they trying the swarm again!?!? :lol: Dallas tried it last year and gave up, which is sad when your NHL team can't do what a bunch of AHLers did easily.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:53 am 

Not sure what to make of the perpetual shitshow in Edmonton. Now RNH, he of the wonky, surgically-repaired shoulders and 175 lb-frame, is dropping the gloves with Dan Hamhuis.

This team looks so directionless off the ice, and so disorganized on it, I just don't know what in hell is going on.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:45 am 
OTP Historian

Av-merican wrote:
Not sure what to make of the perpetual shitshow in Edmonton. Now RNH, he of the wonky, surgically-repaired shoulders and 175 lb-frame, is dropping the gloves with Dan Hamhuis.

This team looks so directionless off the ice, and so disorganized on it, I just don't know what in hell is going on.

Same as it's been for a long time. Same guys in charge.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:32 pm 
Promoted from Lt. Chaos

Av-merican wrote:

That was quite odd - it's only the second fight community dan has fought in the NHL. Didn't spark the Oyl onto victory last night so kind of pointless

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:36 pm 

Dreger just said Jeff Petry is a healthy scratch for the Oilers tonight. Guess a deal might be in the works...?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 413 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next