OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:37 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Heh heh...lots of shots being exchanged after the COL/STL tilt tonight.

Prior to Dater's question that got his panties all in a wad, Hitch basically says he might send someone to take a run at an Avs defenseman the next time these two teams face off. Hmmmm...I would think comments like that would earn you a fine, but whatever.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:12 pm 
OTP Clown

Cherry just called out Hitch for being a classless turd.

Can't wait to see how Paddy responds...

This is going to be a fucking war.

:viking:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:54 pm 

Stinky wrote:
Cherry just called out Hitch for being a classless turd.

Can't wait to see how Paddy responds...

This is going to be a fucking war.

:viking:

Did he really? :lol: That's hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:17 am 
King of Men

Finally a new rivalry! Avs are going to need to beef up for this. Only one guy on the team that can even play physical......Bordeleau.

Easy to see at the game yesterday where the Avs where out muscled by the No Malkin, Orpik, Kunitz, Crosby Pens for 55 minutes.

According to the Pens fans jerseys in attendance there is only one guy on the team....Crosby. I did see a Kaspar jersey which I commented to the guy on. And maybe 2 Lemeiuxs.

Thanks for scratching Crosby at the last possible second you ass hats!

It is confirmed....the obnoxious scoreboard is only super obnoxious in the club level....must be something about the angle of the speakers and the placement of the screen.

The Avs D looked bad yesterday but somehow they found a way to hang in there....(oh yeah Varlamov). This team only goes as far as Super V takes them.

Brian Gibbons....this guy initially got my attention after 2 second shift in which he went straight out about 30 feet and then straight back. He's tiny and a little bit hunchbacked.....but the more I watched him I was impressed. He's quick and he's tenacious. Looks like he may in the last throes of an NHL shot though (He's been up for 38 games this year). Too bad.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/brian_gibbons

Overall the game was entertaining.......however they need to drop that stupid #whynotus shit. The Seahawks used that shit and the town's memory isn't that short.

Ryan O'Reilly is going to get paid!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:52 am 

I literally had never heard of Adam Payerl until he took a high sticking penalty last night. :lol:

Avs were pretty bad yesterday--yet another prime example of why B2B games should be eliminated. Avs played like wet garbage last night. Yet they somehow still eked out a point.

Oh well, they played possibly their best game of the season when it mattered most. I'll certainly forgive them for taking a night off against Wilkes-Barre.

I don't really care about the #WhyNotUs thing--if it gets fans more engaged, more power to 'em.

This may be the most fun I've ever had watching Avalanche hockey. Came into the season with ZERO expectations, and they've surpassed even the most optimistic of predictions.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:06 pm 
King of Men

Av-merican wrote:
I literally had never heard of Adam Payerl until he took a high sticking penalty last night. :lol:

Avs were pretty bad yesterday--yet another prime example of why B2B games should be eliminated. Avs played like wet garbage last night. Yet they somehow still eked out a point.

Oh well, they played possibly their best game of the season when it mattered most. I'll certainly forgive them for taking a night off against Wilkes-Barre.

I don't really care about the #WhyNotUs thing--if it gets fans more engaged, more power to 'em.

This may be the most fun I've ever had watching Avalanche hockey. Came into the season with ZERO expectations, and they've surpassed even the most optimistic of predictions.

Yep that's they key....just when I thought man this is ugly.....the Avs are getting manhandled by the Pens backup squad they pick themselves up off the mat. Maybe the key is they are too young to know better. Whatever it is...it is definitely entertaining. Nothing like a Zero expectation season......all the joy....limited heartache.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:58 am 

Okay, this is just getting weird--with tonight's win against the Oilers (by NO means guaranteed, Edmonton's always a pain in the ass to the Avs no matter how bad they are any given year) and the Blues' loss (their third in a row, first time this season they've done that), the Avs are actually two points away from the division...and CONFERENCE LEAD.

I just don't get it. I'm gonna enjoy the HELL out of this, mind you, but I just don't get it. 2nd-worst team to nearly best in the West. If this is all the Magic of PDO, the karmic backlash will likely cost a lot of people in Denver their limbs.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:45 am 

Ladies and gentlemen, your (for now) Central Division-leading Colorado Avalanche.

Avs tie the 2001-02 team for wins in a season, Semyon Varlamov breaks Patrick Roy's record for wins in a season. Obviously they didn't have the shootout back then but a remarkable feat nonetheless.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:01 am 
OTP Historian

Av-merican wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, your (for now) Central Division-leading Colorado Avalanche.

Avs tie the 2001-02 team for wins in a season, Semyon Varlamov breaks Patrick Roy's record for wins in a season. Obviously they didn't have the shootout back then but a remarkable feat nonetheless.

Yeah, that's a pretty incredible turnaround.

Would the Wings ever get bad enough to be able to draft a guy like MacKinnon or Duchene? Last time Wings picked anywhere close to that high was Primeau in 1990.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:30 am 
King of Men

Amazing.....getting past the 1st round suddenly looks doable. Neither Dallas nor Phoenix looks interested in the last spot.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:10 pm 

Bosc wrote:
Would the Wings ever get bad enough to be able to draft a guy like MacKinnon or Duchene? Last time Wings picked anywhere close to that high was Primeau in 1990.

They keep finding gems like Nyquist just like they found Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Lidstrom, they won't ever need to. I wonder if their scouting department would get all confused on draft day if they had to pick in the top 5. :lol:

Honestly the way things are trending going into the postseason, Minnesota is looking downright scary. Who'da thunk Bryzgalov and Moulson would look like better pickups than Ott and Miller?

I was all geared up for a CHI/COL first round matchup, and now it might be against a Wild Card team. Yeesh...this just keeps getting crazier by the day.

Whatever the case, it will likely be Chicago when all is said and done. The last time the Avs faced the Sharks they got absolutely shelled, and Roy is starting Reto Berra tonight against them. And then I think it's Jiggy against the Ducks. Unless St. Louis REALLY bags it, they should overtake Colorado again. No matter what though, Colorado has home ice advantage in the first round no matter what, which is stunning in and of itself.

I'd really love a COL/DAL first round matchup. That matchup yielded the best games of the season.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:01 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

How ironic is it that Detroit may end up settling who is the Central Division Champion with their game against St. Louis on Sunday to close the regular season?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:06 pm 

RW wrote:
How ironic is it that Detroit may end up settling who is the Central Division Champion with their game against St. Louis on Sunday to close the regular season?

Huh. Didn't realize that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:51 pm 

David Amber on Twitter wrote:
So what is biggest surprise in NHL this yr? #Avs resurgence? #Canucks slide? Crosby playing every game?

Colorado Avalanche on Twitter wrote:
@DavidAmber Sid skipped out on playing us … We'll go with the first choice.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:33 pm 
King of Men

Av-merican wrote:
David Amber on Twitter wrote:
So what is biggest surprise in NHL this yr? #Avs resurgence? #Canucks slide? Crosby playing every game?

Colorado Avalanche on Twitter wrote:
@DavidAmber Sid skipped out on playing us … We'll go with the first choice.

No doubt what a nozzle, thank goodness the ticket was free! I cursed every Pens fan I came into contact with over that! Has to be the Avs.....no way did I give them a chance to reach first in the West at any point in time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:34 am 

The Reto Berra trade might go down as Roy's first major fuckup. It's way early, but I'm still mystified as to why the Avs felt the fervent need to go and get a goalie who could have been had as a free agent in the offseason. Was Burke going to re-sign him before July 1st? I doubt it.

Anyhow, still waiting to see this guy be anything other than spectacularly awful. What's disturbing is that his numbers prior to the NHL ain't that great either. Basically Roy is going on the word of Bob Hartley and Francois Allaire that this guy could be something special.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:16 pm 

Ladies and Gentlemen, your Central Division-winning Colorado Avalanche. :rock: :Butch:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

To go from second-worst to within striking distance of the whole freakin' conference...I'll take that. I don't care if it's luck. I'll take it anyway.

Stefan Elliott was recalled with Tyson Barrie listed as day-to-day. Cody McLeod also day-to-day, Johnny Malkin out with a concussion. Duchene probably won't be ready until the 2nd round at the earliest. Avs getting a bit banged up heading into the playoffs but not quite as bad as the Blues.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:27 pm 

Av-merican wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen, your Central Division-winning Colorado Avalanche. :rock: :Butch:

To go from second-worst to within striking distance of the whole freakin' conference...I'll take that. I don't care if it's luck. I'll take it anyway.

Stefan Elliott was recalled with Tyson Barrie listed as day-to-day. Cody McLeod also day-to-day, Johnny Malkin out with a concussion. Duchene probably won't be ready until the 2nd round at the earliest. Avs getting a bit banged up heading into the playoffs but not quite as bad as the Blues.

Luck played a part but you don't get over 110 points without also being good. This team would be really scary if Duchene was back and they had one all star level defenseman. Can't imagine what they'll be like in a couple years when they pick up some quality d on the free agent market.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:21 pm 
Distinguished Gentleman of OTP

Av-merican wrote:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Detroit says, You're welcome.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:16 am 
OTP Historian

Avs take first in the division and battle themselves out of a date with the Hawks and the Blues get the Wild. Wow. Blues on a 6-game losing streak :shock:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next