OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:57 am 
King of Men

Like an episode of shoresy.......why would Bedard's mom want to take down Perry? Hockey players are sluts!

I feel bad for Bedard....he's gotta listen to a whole career of this now even if its just BS.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:44 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

:lol: I didn't even make the Shoresy connection, but yeah, it does sound like an episode topic.

Next year:
Bedsy, your mom was the easiest takedown I ever had.
Fuck you Perry! You're dirty as hell.
Fuck you Bedsy. Seriously, ask your mom how she liked it when I roughed her. She takes a highstick way better than you do. You whine, she asks for more.
Fuck you Perry!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:31 pm 

Quote:
"After an internal investigation, the Chicago Blackhawks have determined that Corey Perry has engaged in conduct that is unacceptable, and in violation of both the terms of his Standard Player's Contract and the Blackhawks' internal policies intended to promote professional and safe work environments. As such, Corey Perry has been placed on unconditional waivers. In the event Mr. Perry clears waivers, we intend to terminate his contract effective immediately."

Whatever he did it was not illegal or it would be out there. So it has to be something not illegal but so morally unacceptable, or disruptive to team unity that he has to go. He might get away with sex with any Mom other than Bedard's Mom but Bedard is the future of the franchise and the Hawks won't want to wreck that relationship.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:47 pm 

Well Kyle Davidson made it pretty clear that it doesn't involve Perry and any member of his former team mates families.

If not then what the hell is it? Something this side of the law; drug use be refereed to the substance abuse program; perhaps an extreme case of bullying/initiation/abuse of team mate?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:54 pm 
Big in Japan

This is the funniest thing that's ever happened. Not just in the NHL. Ever.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:16 pm 

E.L. wrote:
This is the funniest thing that's ever happened. Not just in the NHL. Ever.

Being that its happening to the Blackhawks makes it so good. I mean how bad does it have to be to be "unacceptable conduct" for the Hawks. Kane, rape allegations and assault on a cabbie, Aldritch molesting young players. I would have thought the bar was non-existant but yet there appears to be a bar a few millimetres off the ground, and yet somehow Perry managed to limbo his way under it?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:45 pm 

lol, Blackhawks bad kharma turns out well for the Nucks. They've traded Beauvillier for a 5th round pick and won't retain any of the $4.15 salary. This is kinda huge. Beauvillier has been getting 4th line minutes and on the verge of being in the press box. Not totally his fault, the Nucks are just so deep on the wing, but still wish he had been doing more so he was worth more than a 5th round pick. However, this reduces the log jam at wing, and gives the Nucks the flexibility to go after that strong #3 dman they need so badly. First time I've ever appreciated Correy Perry. :beer: :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:59 am 

Anyone else feel like trading for Beauvillier was simply a way of trying to distract from talk of Perry leaving? :lol:

But man, Beauvillier for a 5th? His stock has fallen big time. I really liked him on the Isles. Damn shame he's hit hard times like this. Hopefully he works his way up to being Bedard's wing. And stays away from his mother.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:49 pm 

Chris18 wrote:
Anyone else feel like trading for Beauvillier was simply a way of trying to distract from talk of Perry leaving? :lol:

But man, Beauvillier for a 5th? His stock has fallen big time. I really liked him on the Isles. Damn shame he's hit hard times like this. Hopefully he works his way up to being Bedard's wing. And stays away from his mother.

Its really about the value of cap space right now. There are only a couple teams with cap room, and they can sell it at high value. So Beauvillier would be worth a higher pick next year, after the cap goes up but right now the Nucks need the cap space to get the dman they need and giving Beauvillier away just makes sense.

Its actually a good deal for everyone including Beauvillier. Its the last year of his contract, as a 4th liner with the Nucks he probably only gets $1.5 next year, this way he gets 2nd or 1st line minutes and pads his stats and gets $3.5 million or more.

I won't be surprised if the Hawks flip him at trade deadline for a 3rd round pick.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:10 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

Its really about the value of cap space right now. There are only a couple teams with cap room, and they can sell it at high value. So Beauvillier would be worth a higher pick next year, after the cap goes up but right now the Nucks need the cap space to get the dman they need and giving Beauvillier away just makes sense.

Its actually a good deal for everyone including Beauvillier. Its the last year of his contract, as a 4th liner with the Nucks he probably only gets $1.5 next year, this way he gets 2nd or 1st line minutes and pads his stats and gets $3.5 million or more.

I won't be surprised if the Hawks flip him at trade deadline for a 3rd round pick.

Good points.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:16 pm 

Perry has made a pretty open and clear apology and is seeking help for alcoholism. Which now raises another question, can you fire a player when they are seeking help for drug or alcoholism? It doesn't mention he's entered the NHLPA substance abuse program perhaps he's doing it through other options on his own? Its not a real good look for the Hawks imo for firing someone who needs help.

https://www.canucksdaily.com/MAJOR-Core ... ase-306125

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:42 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Perry has made a pretty open and clear apology and is seeking help for alcoholism. Which now raises another question, can you fire a player when they are seeking help for drug or alcoholism? It doesn't mention he's entered the NHLPA substance abuse program perhaps he's doing it through other options on his own? Its not a real good look for the Hawks imo for firing someone who needs help.

Maybe he agreed to terminate his contract? Or admitted his alcoholism after his contract was torn up?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:10 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

Fogghorn wrote:

It depends on the severity of the incident that took place in Columbus. A fireable offense is a fireable offense, and while I'm usually not someone who sings the praises of Corey Perry I'm happy to see him immediately take ownership and responsibility for his failure.

We still don't know the specifics of what went down with Jim Montgomery when he was with Dallas, but we know that too had something to do with alcohol. He was fired, rightfully so, and sought professional help. He worked his way back up the ranks and is once again a successful head coach in the NHL. IMO Perry can and should be given another chance once he's cleared.

I don't for one moment feel good about being in a position where I'm actually defending a slimebucket organization like the Blackhawks, and frankly they needed to work a TON harder to dispel these silly rumors the moment they cropped up, but I don't think they're out of line for terminating his contract.

If you want to see a player dismissal that was as smug and self-serving as it gets, I'd cite the release of Mike Richards by the Kings. Dean Lombardi and his crocodile tears went out of their way to paint Richards' actions as a betrayal, yet right around that time had no issue whatsoever violating NHL rules to let Slava Voynov practice with the team. And in an interview years after the Kings shitcanned him Lombardi STILL thought he was the aggrieved party.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:15 pm 

The one thing that kinda makes me laugh is that...Corey Perry was sought out to be a "mentor" of sorts to the young players on this Chicago roster? Really? I don't think Perry is bad guy, no matter how mean and dirty he is on the ice, I don't think that necessarily makes him a bad person off it. That said, just seems strange you'd go with a guy who had an on-ice rep like that to mentor kids like Connor Bedard and Kevin Korchinski. Nick Foligno, that I totally get, but it kinda reminds me of former NHL defenseman Brett Clark and some of his musings on his early NHL career. For some reason, the Habs thought it'd be a great idea for the young rookie at the time to room with Shayne Corson, and Clark said he basically ducked and covered anytime they were in the room together because Corson was a complete nutjob.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:47 pm 
Big in Japan

Today's lineup without Bedard:

Kurashev-Dickinson-Blackwell
Reichel-Entwistle-Guttman
Katchouk-Seney-R. Johnson
Donato-Sanford

Vlasic-Megna
Tinordi-Murphy
Korchinski-Zaitsev
Phillips

Mrázek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 6:42 pm 
King of Men

And somehow that lineup beats the sad sack pedestrian Flames. Eghad....... :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:30 pm 

Beauvillier is hurt now? What a shitty year for him. Damn shame. I like him.

I thought that hit on Bedard looked like principle point of contact was the head. Am I missing something? Or just the NHL Wheel of Random Justice doing its thing?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:10 pm 

Chris18 wrote:

I thought that hit on Bedard looked like principle point of contact was the head. Am I missing something? Or just the NHL Wheel of Random Justice doing its thing?

I've looked at it a few times and I am no fan of Brendan Smith, but it looks like a clean hit to me. Bedard tries to squeeze through multiple players and then tries to gather the puck while slightly bent over for a moment, and that was a bad rookie mistake because right then Smith stood him up. At first I thought the elbow/arm was up a little but it wasn't, and he doesn't appear to rise up or target the head in any way. Just really shitty luck and a rookie who needs to know when not to be so dogged in pursuit of the puck.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:21 pm 
Improvement on the US678 prototype

Pokecheque wrote:
Chris18 wrote:

I've looked at it a few times and I am no fan of Brendan Smith, but it looks like a clean hit to me. Bedard tries to squeeze through multiple players and then tries to gather the puck while slightly bent over for a moment, and that was a bad rookie mistake because right then Smith stood him up. At first I thought the elbow/arm was up a little but it wasn't, and he doesn't appear to rise up or target the head in any way. Just really shitty luck and a rookie who needs to know when not to be so dogged in pursuit of the puck.

Actually Poke, I had the exact same reaction to the hit as you. Seems clean to me and he was unlucky in the process.

Hope he's not out to long.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:12 pm 
Big in Japan

A pal of mine suggested Bedard skates like how Naruto runs and I can't unsee it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next