OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:54 pm 
Un-Tenured Professor of Hockey

According to Jay McKee's Twitter feed, McDavid did this to a puck in practice.

:shock:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:46 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Screw you McDavid. Bust.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:14 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Not to make splitting a puck into pieces sound easy, but that puck looks poorly formed. There are quite a few areas with holes, hinting it was not mixed and/or cooled properly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:28 am 
2003-04 Goalie Profiles Coming Soon!

McInjured

:steamingpileofcrap:

- Ancient Chinese Proverb

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:12 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Know a bunch of people who where going to see him Friday they will be disappointed. Guess pointless or not glad I saw him live last week.

Would not be surprised if that is the last fight of his career. Live and learn he has a bunch of guys relying on him for other things.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:23 pm 

Over rateed fraud, if he was a true McSavior he'd just heal himself.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:56 pm 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Fogghorn wrote:
Over rateed fraud, if he was a true McSavior he'd just heal himself.

:laap:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:33 pm 

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-n ... eepstakes/

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:36 am 

https://twitter.com/DownGoesBrown/statu ... 3927968768

:laugh:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:10 am 

Craig's List: Post-WJC edition

http://t.co/LmlW9PGML6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:58 am 
King of the One-Liner

Av-merican wrote:
Craig's List: Post-WJC edition

http://t.co/LmlW9PGML6

Ah that is a good company man right there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:04 am 

So bizarre to see three NCAA guys in the top half of the first round. Players rarely get drafted out of the NCAA anymore, they're usually still in Jr. A.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:17 pm 

The definition of a "Hot Take"...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 42314.html

I think everyone outside of Edmonton is universal in their opposition to the Oilers getting yet another 1st overall (or even 2nd overall) but how is Arizona or Carolina a more worthy destination than Buffalo?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:09 pm 

Av-merican wrote:

I think everyone outside of Edmonton is universal in their opposition to the Oilers getting yet another 1st overall (or even 2nd overall) but how is Arizona or Carolina a more worthy destination than Buffalo?

I really like what Buffalo has done. They realized they could not make it and instead sold off their remaining talent for futures in other words not the Calgary way. In the short term its extremely ugly but I think the right way to rebuild. Or you can go the Chicago, Pittsburg, Edmonton route and be incompetent for years until your drafting gets lucky.

And its what Arizona for certain should be doing, off load their talent for picks and youngins......not like their finances can get much worse.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:51 pm 

Fogghorn wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

I really like what Buffalo has done. They realized they could not make it and instead sold off their remaining talent for futures in other words not the Calgary way. In the short term its extremely ugly but I think the right way to rebuild. Or you can go the Chicago, Pittsburg, Edmonton route and be incompetent for years until your drafting gets lucky.

And its what Arizona for certain should be doing, off load their talent for picks and youngins......not like their finances can get much worse.

What Buffalo has done is ice an incompetent roster on purpose. They didn't acquire assets to sell in case it didn't work out, they went into training camp saying 'we're going for last'. Obviously the players will try to win every game, and they went on an unbelievable run when their pair of mediocre NHL backups decided to act like all-stars but there should be no reward for deliberately adding worse and worse players to finish last while still charging fans to see it.

I'm sorry, but when a team buys out they're only legitimately good veteran player we shouldn't praise them for bold vision. This is literally the worst team the NHL has seen since they cancelled the season. And probably goes back until those early Thrashers/Blue Jackets clubs.

Buffalo is in for a long, long, long rebuild.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:30 am 

saskhab wrote:
Fogghorn wrote:
Av-merican wrote:

What Buffalo has done is ice an incompetent roster on purpose. They didn't acquire assets to sell in case it didn't work out, they went into training camp saying 'we're going for last'. Obviously the players will try to win every game, and they went on an unbelievable run when their pair of mediocre NHL backups decided to act like all-stars but there should be no reward for deliberately adding worse and worse players to finish last while still charging fans to see it.

I'm sorry, but when a team buys out they're only legitimately good veteran player we shouldn't praise them for bold vision. This is literally the worst team the NHL has seen since they cancelled the season. And probably goes back until those early Thrashers/Blue Jackets clubs.

Buffalo is in for a long, long, long rebuild.

I dunno, was trading for Gorges and signing Gionta really an attempt to make the team worse?

Now Mezsaros, yes, that was a tank move. Benoit might've been too even though as far as stopgaps go, he ain't half bad. The team already has some decent pieces in Ennis, Zadorov, Ristolainen, and Girgenssons, and who knows about Myers. Reinhart should be emerging soon enough, they'll have cap room to spare, and obviously whoever they get in this year's draft should make an impact fairly quickly. I think their turnaround will be a tad faster than you think.

There was clearly a disagreement over which direction to take. Clearly Lafontaine wanted a quick turnaround, and Murray wanted to burn the damn thing to the ground. Since Lafontaine wanted to keep Ryan Miller on a long-term deal, I'm not so sure that was the right way to go.

But I agree with you that the Hawks didn't just "get lucky." Tallon obviously knows what he's doing. He succeeded in building the foundation for a contender in Chicago, and appears to be doing so in Florida as well. Edmonton...well, they actually haven't really gotten all that "lucky" so far. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:05 am 

Gorges and Gionta? Both of their best days are well behind them. Gionta was a safe signing: he might score 20 goals but he wouldn't make any difference anymore, plus he's a local boy to use in media campaigns without too much embarassment. Gorges proved he couldn't handle tough assignments anymore without a superstar propping him up. He'd be on a contender's 3rd pair, he was Montreal's #3 but they had an awful D beyond their top 2 (Diaz/Weaver/Emelin are all 3rd pair guys this year or 7s, Murray and Bouillon are out of the NHL, it was an awful D that was feeding him minutes).

Are they NHLers? Sure. Do they have anyone that should be playing on a top line? No. They barely have players worthy of secondary minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:24 pm 
King of the One-Liner

Hate the game not the player. If Buffalo wants to win a cup this is the best place to start and in a couple of years when the young talent is ready to make an impact they can exploit those deep owner pockets and fill in the blanks.

Plus side for me is that with Buffalo being so shameless in their intentions maybe we will see further reduction in the draft over rewarding suck-age in a capped league.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:38 pm 
OTP Historian

They have already made some changes for this year and next, with next year having a lottery for the top 3 selections.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=728795

They give no indication though if there is a maximum number of slots that a team can move up, like it was previously.

What I wouldn't mind seeing is restrictions after getting first overall picks, or up to a certain pick. There is certainly some luck involved in draft years and players available, but no team should get fucking 10-1-1-1-7-3 or 5-1-2-1(2005 lottery draft)-2. That's lunacy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:18 pm 

Bosc wrote:
They have already made some changes for this year and next, with next year having a lottery for the top 3 selections.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=728795

They give no indication though if there is a maximum number of slots that a team can move up, like it was previously.

What I wouldn't mind seeing is restrictions after getting first overall picks, or up to a certain pick. There is certainly some luck involved in draft years and players available, but no team should get fucking 10-1-1-1-7-3 or 5-1-2-1(2005 lottery draft)-2. That's lunacy.

They ditched the maximum number of slots you could move up a couple years back. I think everyone who missed the playoffs had a shot starting at MacKinnon. But NHL folk saw what Buffalo was doing, what happened to Edmonton, and started to get queasy with the idea you couldn't fall worse than 2.

Now, it'll be possible for the worst team (which next year will almost certainly be Buffalo again barring massive roster upgrades) to fall to 4th.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next