OffThePost.org

(Generation III)
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TheScore App
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:54 pm 
King of Men

Easily the best free app out there for hockey news. The articles can sometimes have that over compensating social justice slant but nothing like Sportsnet, ESPN or TSN.

I could point to a recent article about the impending domination of women's sports on the horizon.....maybe it is...maybe it isn't....I am not here for that, only to point out the comments section.

When open, this comments section is a thing of otherworldly nastiness.....think faceoff back in the day. I will look for an article sometimes....like I don't know say this one:

https://www.thescore.com/ncaaf/news/269 ... rvatorship

Now as you can see...no comments online (or at least none that my network blackhole lets through)...however if you have the app the comments are live/and off the hook! Used to be you couldn't block people either until like 2 weeks ago.

I could see former members of this place making themselves right at home there...and wouldn't be surprised if they are.

I will tell you though that a lot of those comments and creatively uncensored usernames have me laughing my ass off. Give it a try if you like that sort of thing. Beats the pants off of Nextdoor because at least you know these people don't live next to you.

Post subject: Re: TheScore App
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:24 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Does it have actual scores?
I use the awful Yahoo Sports app simply because I've had it for years and I'm too lazy to find a new one. The news on that app sucks, and it always tries to push football scores on me during hockey season even though I've set hockey as my sport of choice.

Are there any sports apps that include pro minor league hockey? I want to see AHL & maybe ECHL scores but don't know if there are any that include them. That Yahoo app has like 400 soccer leagues, but nothing for pro minor league hockey. Fuckers.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:02 am 
King of Men

I only see NHL, World Juniors and NCAA so not sure about the AHL (they sometimes add stuff seasonally). The Score is canadian based so they tend to enjoy hockey. You can choose what you want to follow and whether actual scores are pushed or not.

The news and headlines are up to date for most sports. I only follow NHL, WJCs, MMA and the Red Sox ( :wookie: ).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:53 am 
Finally figured out how to change this!

Gotcha. Thanks.

Googled it- there's an AHL app for Androids and iOS. Can't vouch for the quality, but it exists. Shockingly, it's just called AHL. Not AHL powered by Amazon or some shit like that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:59 am 
King of Men

Comments are again off the chain today in the "Toews takes time off" article. This individual named "stuffingthecat" is particularly hilarious.